IGNORED

Is Kasumi Ninja the Biggest Mortal Kombat Rip Off?

Ite

I wonder if they knew that the voice overs were hilarious? "Gashoomee Ninjah"

I think Kasumi Ninja is hilarious. I mean you can turn on that gore to ridiculous amounts. A great game to play with friends.

Actually I think Ultra Vortek was a rip off of Mortal Combat.

It was the early 90's all we wanted was Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter 2 clones, Sports games (mainly football and baseball), Mario/Sonic Games, and sports games, Atari delivered on very few of theses categories and focussed mainly on space shooters, which I guess Atari was known for 64bit versions of the space game theme that was popular in the early 80's.

Kasumi Ninja was a spoof of MK 1, but ran at a slightly slower speed than MK2, if it would of been a game that ran at a slightly faster pace then people would remeber it more fondly, problem was Sega, had a ton of Kombat clones and Kombat itself, which ran at a faster speed on a 16 bit processor, grafix were better than most games of that time period, and it was a ton of a better game than 3DO's Way of THe Warrior(beautiful game, awsome music, controll had bad lag time)

I don't think the D-pad on the jagpad lends itself well to a fighting game, it hurts too much to try and pull off special moves. I did unlock all the characters on Kasumi Ninja when I bought it back in the day and played it to death.. I think I may even have worn the headband to college on occasion! :ponder:

Back then it was awesome, now it looks and feels very dated.. I personally don't like motion captured fighting games they feel rough to me, hence I much prefer Street Fighter 2 over MK.

• Like 1

Damn.. Now that I watch the video, I really like how the blood actually stays on the ground... (sorry, it's been foreeever since I've actually played this game). :lol:

That was one of Atari's "selling points" of the game. Of course, after every fight the ground looked like the floor of a slaughter house.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel that Kasumi Ninja for Atari Jaguar and Way of The Warrior for 3DO both have their different types of MK parody...also I thought that both were WAY more violent than MK but yet MK got all the controversy due to its popularity, lol.

I feel that Kasumi Ninja for Atari Jaguar and Way of The Warrior for 3DO both have their different types of MK parody...also I thought that both were WAY more violent than MK but yet MK got all the controversy due to its popularity, lol.

Mortal Kombat was so controversial because it was the first of its kind, hence it sent the "Think of the children!" brigade into a frenzy. By the time Kasumi Ninja and Way of the Warrior were released - I think both were released after MKII - gore in fighting games was no longer shocking.

Oh yea now that I think about it Mortal Kombat wasn't released until 1992. Wow sooo long ago!

The new Mortal Kombat is amazing, in my opinion :-)

Mortal Kombat was so controversial because it was the first of its kind, hence it sent the "Think of the children!" brigade into a frenzy. By the time Kasumi Ninja and Way of the Warrior were released - I think both were released after MKII - gore in fighting games was no longer shocking.

• 1 month later...