IGNORED

Jaguar games that the music doesnt work on...

greencoman

Ok guys at first I thought this was a coincidence but I dont think so anymore. I would like your posts because I would like to know if I am the only person with this problem. I got a copy of raiden in which the music didnt work but sound affects and play was fine. No problems any where else. I just got a copy of wolfenstein 3d and the music didnt work on it either. I even didnt the music code which is fun because I like the music but nothing played. Fyi thats when you hit the # button when the wolfenstein ball shows up in the beggining. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. I would think so but I wanna see what the AA community has to say. I wonder if I could fix this maybe its a bad pin or something.

I had a Raiden cart that had the same problem, and was unable to adjust the volume or turn it on or off. Resetting the cart's NVRAM should do the trick, although it will wipe out all of your high scores. Press the Option # and * buttons simultaneously to reset the memory.

thanks guys I will do this. I feel like an idiot about all of it. Guess I am so used to music and never having it turned off I would have never guess no one would have turned it off and save it that way. Thats the best part about wolfenstein the music. Thanks alot guys.

thanks guys I will do this. I feel like an idiot about all of it. Guess I am so used to music and never having it turned off I would have never guess no one would have turned it off and save it that way. Thats the best part about wolfenstein the music. Thanks alot guys.

No reason to feel like an idiot. I think the problem with Raiden may be a glitch or bug in the game code, as I've heard of it happening more than once and experienced it myself without having done anything wittingly to cause it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting topic.

Just received a boxed copy of Raiden and found the music was muted. Pressing 0 on the keypad unmuted it.

However, if you press the Pause button and Press A to access the Music volume control, if the audio is muted, this won't allow you to unmute the audio and raise the volume. Kind of an odd design decision. So if someone doesn't know to press the 0 keypad button, they may think their cart is defective since the music bar won't adjust.

Also whats weird is that most of the used Jag games I have bought lately have either had the music (and sometimes sound effects) turned all the way down or muted.

Edited by thgill