IGNORED

I know... my mailbox is full... planning to solve this soon

newcoleco

I'm planning to take time soon to archive the old messages I still have from 2009 up to 2010 that take almost all the space in my mailbox here on AtariAge.com ... I don't know for you but I like to keep these old messages, it's like markers of my past activities here. So, don't be surprised if you can't send me a private message for the moment, but feel free to email me at my public address email I'm using since the year 2000 : newcoleco at the free email service Yahoo France. Thank you!

Note : to answer your possible question why I'm using Yahoo France email account? I'm a french canadian and back in the year 2000 there was no canadian french Yahoo services, and I wanted to put online my newly made ColecoVision web site with DACMAN and other cool stuff,so I took Geocities and the only available email account in french to be used with it, Yahoo France email. And yes, If I would like to create a new Yahoo account, Yahoo will redirect me to the canadian one, preventing me to make another France Yahoo account.

Sorry for the inconvenience... Sincerely, - Daniel Bienvenu

• 2 weeks later...

I've started a personal database on my computer and I'm already reaching a problem because I've set the text size to be maximum 4096 characters. :/

Anyway, I've saved the oldest messages (dec-2007 to jun-2008) and now I've 10%-15% free space in my mailbox. So, I can receive again new private messages.

It was interesting to read these old private messages... it brings back some good and not so good memories. Just in case I lose these old private messages by accident on my computer (crash or whatever), I'm writing here a reminder of what they were, and attach a few of the files implied.

* PAST (end-2007 to mid-2008) *

For the most part it's me replying that I was too tired after working at my job (making Flash games for Sarbakan) to think about making any new Coleco projects, or even having time to modify the projects already coded. During that period (end-2007 to mid-2008), I've received requests for Jeepers Creepers cartridges and a few other things like contact informations of Steve Bégin, my editor VOIROM, instructions and pictures to make the box artwork for Jewel Panic (the rename of Bejeweled) and some other help. I was helping when possible (very busy at work) pixelboy to get started with my older coleco devkit that needed 22NICE to run the Hi-Tech C compiler for CP/M, and he also mentionned to me a big project in Java he was planning to do in the future to make Coleco projects easier. And also, one message from a user named kuir (I think he only subscribed to the forum in order to send me this private message) which wanted to buy the Pippin with games for sale I've talked to in the AtariAge forums back in 2006, but the Pippin wasn't for sale anymore.

* PRESENT *

I've lost contact and friendship (no comment) with Steve Bégin at the end of 2007, but I was able to give the informations to CollectorVision in order to, for example, (re-)publish Penguin Land.

I've never replaced the title screen to rename Bejeweled to be Jewel Panic, but I gave the source code to pixelboy so he can apply the changes and make it his own project. I'm happy he was able to program a Soduko project for the ColecoVision with my devkit, and I hope to see in the near future his Java application that should be his Coleco BASIC compiler which should use editors (if I remember correctly) including a sound editor based on my Java Sound Generator Applet.

Jewel_panic_label1.pdf

Jewel_panic_label2.pdf

Jewel_panic_Box1.pdf

Jewel_panic_Box2.pdf

post-3651-0-10439600-1302621318_thumb.png

post-3651-0-49085500-1302621326_thumb.png

post-3651-0-48321500-1302621335_thumb.png

Edited by newcoleco

You can make things real easy on yourself.

When viewing a message, look over on the left side of the page. There is a box that says "achieve conversation" you can click that to send an HTML version of the message to your email address.

• Like 2

You can make things real easy on yourself.

When viewing a message, look over on the left side of the page. There is a box that says "achieve conversation" you can click that to send an HTML version of the message to your email address.

That's right! However, having all these private messages mixed with my normal emails isn't practical for me. At the end, for me, it's just another way to put as much time into a problem quite simple that only takes time because I will still need to organize these messages anyway sooner or later.