IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, Season 2, ROUND 3

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 2, ROUND 3:

HOVERSTRIKE

ROUND OVER.

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Using the CARTRIDGE version of Hoverstrike, start a new game on the NORMAL difficulty level. Go as far as you can and submit your score when complete.

If you are not familiar with the new Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....on-2-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

FINAL SCORES FOR HOVERSTRIKE (CART):

1. Averybluemonkey - 286,125 +100

2. Punisher5.0 - 136,150 +47

2. JeremiahJT - 42,325 +14

3. Kgenthe - 31,550 +11

4. SamanthaLT - 26,825 +9

5. Jag_Slave - 16,750 +5

6. DoctorClu - 10,675 +3

7. Orpheuswaking - 7,800 +2

HSC Rankings at the end of this round:

1. Jeremiahjt - 208pts

2. Kgenthe - 168pts

3. SamanthaLT - 160pts

4. GKC - 148pts

5. Punisher5.0 - 140pts

6. Orpheuswaking - 102pts

7. Averybluemonkey - 100pts

8. The_Laird - 97pts

9. Doctorclu - 95pts

10. Gaztee - 82pts

11. Austin - 54pts

12. Astropuff - 49pts

13. Sauron - 44pts

14. Jag_Slave - 5pts

Edited by Austin

Are the cd and cart not the same. Ive only got the cd :(

Not the same. I invite you to join me in submitting your CD score though. Winner gets 0 points... I'm making an executive decision on that and I don't even have to run it by Austin.

• Like 1

I've finally taken the shrink wrap off this one... this isn't too bad. Like others have stated, I got bored well before game over. The first strange thing are the controls, with their "hovercraft" style physics. This makes turning very awkward (sliding sideways instead of turning), especially when you need to grab power-ups and energy. Other than that, I can't complain. The graphics and sound are pleasant, and the landscapes and enemies are interesting enough to look at. Score to come later.

• Like 1

... The first strange thing are the controls, with their "hovercraft" style physics. ...

Speaking of which, the world that we are on sometimes looks like a lunar surface. This planet DOES have an Atmosphere right? Kinda hard to have a hover craft without an atmosphere. :P

That aside, thanks for the compliment on the score. Nice thing about this game is there is a game save option. I think if I had realized that a little earlier on I might have been more careful with my first hovercraft which I think I crashed into a mountain trying to climb over it.

Oh well, bit of a learning curve trying to fly a hovercraft. :)

• Like 2

I've finally taken the shrink wrap off this one... this isn't too bad. Like others have stated, I got bored well before game over. The first strange thing are the controls, with their "hovercraft" style physics. This makes turning very awkward (sliding sideways instead of turning), especially when you need to grab power-ups and energy. Other than that, I can't complain. The graphics and sound are pleasant, and the landscapes and enemies are interesting enough to look at. Score to come later.

If you like this one, you will love the CD version. :lol:

Yeah, dusted off the old Hoverstrike... funny, I discovered you really dont have to do much fighting with the enemy, if you just blaze through each level only going for the objectives... Not great for getting a high score, but great for finishing the game ;P

That's usually what I do for the last target :thumbsup: The mortars are also great for "hide behind a rock and watch the radar" playing.

• Like 1