IGNORED

Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge ROMS Project

Chuplayer

I tried Kat5200 and Virtual Super System emulators on my Win7 machine. Both start up fine, but give me errors when trying to load the ROM's downloaded from this thread. Is this just a case of those two emulators not being compatible with Win7 or something else at work?

Basically, I want to order the blank 5200 cartridge from AA store and have them load it with Donkey Kong. The XL conversion with all 4 arcade levels. Which DK ROM from the three downloaded .zip archives off this thread is the one I need to send to AA with my order?

Thanks.

I tried Kat5200 and Virtual Super System emulators on my Win7 machine. Both start up fine, but give me errors when trying to load the ROM's downloaded from this thread. Is this just a case of those two emulators not being compatible with Win7 or something else at work?

Basically, I want to order the blank 5200 cartridge from AA store and have them load it with Donkey Kong. The XL conversion with all 4 arcade levels. Which DK ROM from the three downloaded .zip archives off this thread is the one I need to send to AA with my order?

Thanks.

The rom works fine under AtariWin Plus.

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

The XL conversion ROM labeled as "Attack of the Mutant Camels", is definitely not the correct game! After dropping it into my Amax-flashcart, it appears to be "Gridrunner", a centipede style shooter instead--Same programmer/co., but completely different game. It makes me wonder if AotMC was ever actually converted to 5200. I was almost ready to add the cartridge to my collection, but if I got it in the mail and this weird Gridrunner game was on it I think I would have flipped :? Does any one have an answer to this mystery?

The XL conversion ROM labeled as "Attack of the Mutant Camels", is definitely not the correct game! After dropping it into my Amax-flashcart, it appears to be "Gridrunner", a centipede style shooter instead--Same programmer/co., but completely different game. It makes me wonder if AotMC was ever actually converted to 5200. I was almost ready to add the cartridge to my collection, but if I got it in the mail and this weird Gridrunner game was on it I think I would have flipped :? Does any one have an answer to this mystery?

For some reason HES liked the Attack of the Mutant Camels name, but not the game, and used it when releasing the Gridrunner sequel (known as Matrix here) in the US. AotMC (the real one) defo came out for the Atari 400/800 so someone just needs to convert that properly if it hasn't already been done. Matrix didn't come out for the 400/800 right, it was just Gridrunner? Very odd turn of events there then :P

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you were supposed to give out the Beef Drop SD?

One thing I'll say is that the 5200 community is blessed with guys like Steve/classics, Ken Siders/kenfused, Wratchild, and Bob/PacManPlus, who have done so many conversions and released them free. Beats having to fiddle with an Atari 800!! Whereas the Colecovision community releases are almost 100% sales of cart-only.

I have to agree with you on this one. I have been REALLY turned off by the CV community lately. I only collect CIB games for the 5200, so all the CIB game releases for the CV are totally useless to me. Sell me a damn cart and be done with it. I suspect they get great pride in seeing their games go for big bucks on Ebay.

Not sure if you were supposed to give out the Beef Drop SD?

One thing I'll say is that the 5200 community is blessed with guys like Steve/classics, Ken Siders/kenfused, Wratchild, and Bob/PacManPlus, who have done so many conversions and released them free. Beats having to fiddle with an Atari 800!! Whereas the Colecovision community releases are almost 100% sales of cart-only.

I have to agree with you on this one. I have been REALLY turned off by the CV community lately. I only collect CIB games for the 5200, so all the CIB game releases for the CV are totally useless to me. Sell me a damn cart and be done with it. I suspect they get great pride in seeing their games go for big bucks on Ebay.

can`t see why they do it,

they think they are keeping the system "alive" that way ,

when its quite the opposite in fact...

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

How about making the following ports available for my (and others') Ultimate SD cartridge(s):

Adventure II

Combat 2 Advanced

Haunted House II 3D

Klax

Sinistar

Space Invaders Arcade Edition (5200 hack)

and

Tempest (the finished version, I only have the unfinished prototype version on my multicart and DO already own the finished Cartridge release, bought right here on AtariAge)

BTW, I already own all of the games above in cartridge form. Somebody make it happen!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

How about making the following ports available for my (and others') Ultimate SD cartridge(s):

Adventure II

BTW, I already own all of the games above in cartridge form. Somebody make it happen!!!

This has been available for some time, but in 2 different parts (easy and intermediate levels in part a, then advanced and special levels in the part b. Its the final game.

adv2a.bin

adv2b.bin

• Like 3

• 1 year later...