IGNORED

Creating Multi-Load Menus ?

Rachel-Emma

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with another issue that I have recently come across.

First of all, many years ago my dad had a massive pile of disks A-Z of games that were multi-load using programs such as: Rob C Menu Maker, Alpha Menu and Ian. K Menu.

Over recent weeks I have gotten myself a newish 1050 and fitted a Happy Mod chip to it. I bought an SIO2PC interface from Atarimax and have enjoyed downloading 100's of ATR files

that I want to put onto brand new disks using multi-load menus but I had a go at doing this the other night and had no success. Why is this ?

I hope someone on here can lend some advise ;)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with another issue that I have recently come across.

First of all, many years ago my dad had a massive pile of disks A-Z of games that were multi-load using programs such as: Rob C Menu Maker, Alpha Menu and Ian. K Menu.

Over recent weeks I have gotten myself a newish 1050 and fitted a Happy Mod chip to it. I bought an SIO2PC interface from Atarimax and have enjoyed downloading 100's of ATR files

that I want to put onto brand new disks using multi-load menus but I had a go at doing this the other night and had no success. Why is this ?

I like NDOS Converter for EXE files ... Search for it on : http://pokeysoft.no/games/atari/a8util.htm

Hello everyone,

I like NDOS Converter for EXE files ... Search for it on : http://pokeysoft.no/games/atari/a8util.htm

I can't seem to find the download for NDOS ?

Do any of you guys have an SIO2PC interface ?

It's just that I was using the interface this morning and coming back to my PC this evening and the interface won't work. I'm getting quite upset with it because I've already had to send one back to Atarimax as it got way too hot in the end and wouldn't work at all.

It keeps saying "Serial Port COM1 does not exist. Check APE Configuration"

Hi,

I plumped for mydos4.53 with mypico dos for the menus - have a read here http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/135697-autorun-menu-for-mydos-4-53-wanted/page__p__1650374__hl__mypicodos+mydos__fromsearch__1#entry1650374

I've used APE/SIO2PC/USB for a while with no problems (Windows XP PC)... maybe reinstall the software?

p.s. I'm in Thurlby nr Bourne lincs!

Hello everyone,

You can use Bootmanager to create multi load disks but you need exe files instead of atrs. Or you could just save yourself the time of doing it and download what you like from the site below. Several hundred multi game disks with menus.

muscha atari disks

Bootmanager (1996)(Mike Langer).zip

It's just that I was using the interface this morning and coming back to my PC this evening and the interface won't work. I'm getting quite upset with it because I've already had to send one back to Atarimax as it got way too hot in the end and wouldn't work at all.

Is it the serial model or USB model?

It's the USB model

You can use Bootmanager to create multi load disks but you need exe files instead of atrs. Or you could just save yourself the time of doing it and download what you like from the site below. Several hundred multi game disks with menus.

muscha atari disks

Thanks for the links. The only thing with the site that have multi load disks is that I've got majority of them games. Ideally I want to create menus with games I haven't got ;)

Hi,

I plumped for mydos4.53 with mypico dos for the menus - have a read here http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/135697-autorun-menu-for-mydos-4-53-wanted/page__p__1650374__hl__mypicodos+mydos__fromsearch__1#entry1650374

I've used APE/SIO2PC/USB for a while with no problems (Windows XP PC)... maybe reinstall the software?

p.s. I'm in Thurlby nr Bourne lincs!

Hi, If you know where Waitrose is in Lincoln, I live right near there ;)

I think I'm going to take Windows 7 off my PC and install XP. XP is a solid OS and I much prefer it. I'm tired of having trouble with this interface. one minute it works and the next it's not recognised.

Here's an alternative that you might find easier to set up, although it's a bit more limited. I've attached a disk image that includes a simple boot menu program. You can transfer this image to a real diskette using APE or SIO2PC. If your games are in binary files (as they probably are if you have several on each disk already), copy as many as you can fit onto this disk, then change the file extensions to EXE; for example, "MSPACMAN.EXE". When you boot the disk, the EXE files will appear in a menu. Move the selector up and down with the cursor keys, and press RETURN to start the selected game.

BOOTDISK.ATR

Here's an alternative that you might find easier to set up, although it's a bit more limited. I've attached a disk image that includes a simple boot menu program. You can transfer this image to a real diskette using APE or SIO2PC. If your games are in binary files (as they probably are if you have several on each disk already), copy as many as you can fit onto this disk, then change the file extensions to EXE; for example, "MSPACMAN.EXE". When you boot the disk, the EXE files will appear in a menu. Move the selector up and down with the cursor keys, and press RETURN to start the selected game.

Thanks for this - will give it a try once I've reinstalled Windows :)

Yes, I'll be going, it looks quite good. I wanted to go last year but thought it might not be that good, but by all reports it was fantastic.

There's another page about it here: http://www.r3play.info/ , this talks about last years event.

They have loads going on by the looks of it. It would be great if we could pre-arrange a big Atari 8 bit group to meet there. All the arcade / pinball machines are free, which means you save money on what you'd spend in Blackpool arcades!

I should be coming up with a colleague if he still wants to go (and the wife lets me go!)

Edited by snicklin

It's the USB model

Hmmmm.... I haven't used my APE in some time, but I seem to remember it says that when I'm using it - and I use the USB model too. I think the APE program "looks for" the COM1 port anyway, displays that message, but still works fine with the USB version. There's a way to config the APE program to stop looking for the COM1 port, and just go with USB....but I can't remember if it was a command line switch (/) or in a menu, but it didn't seem to matter. If you're using USB then ignore the COM1 business - that's for using the serial version.

Hello everyone,

I like NDOS Converter for EXE files ... Search for it on : http://pokeysoft.no/...tari/a8util.htm

OK thats is a nice i ahve used many time but there is all so bibosoft ahhahh :) e.reuss the speed start initializer ........ there are more version but some are for happy 1050,speedy 1050 and more it can play com,exe and basic files :) and can be used on single,medium and double density :).

And if you know the cracker steve zipp he has made a tool for it you can change the colour of it the name is SSI color editor :) normal it's blue and you can change it with a sector editor but this is fun and easy.

Check the ATR file :) only the transdisk is not working there are file's that are using old os you know what to use or set altirra to 400/800 :).

For all the people here and the love of atari i have only pal mail me i can give you all of my floppy's :) only some of it are copy protection and i have a trail version of ape :( .

You know the program the freezer (software) when you have load it you can load a cassette or boot disk or what else make a own floppy disk from memory and its working fine :) but i have the freezer editor all so from steve zipp only i don't know where it is manager 1350 is my floppy disk naam holder ahahah but i don't know how i called it.

gr. marco

atari utilities A.ATR

It's the USB model

Hmmmm.... I haven't used my APE in some time, but I seem to remember it says that when I'm using it - and I use the USB model too. I think the APE program "looks for" the COM1 port anyway, displays that message, but still works fine with the USB version. There's a way to config the APE program to stop looking for the COM1 port, and just go with USB....but I can't remember if it was a command line switch (/) or in a menu, but it didn't seem to matter. If you're using USB then ignore the COM1 business - that's for using the serial version.

I've been in touch with Steve Tucker who made the interface and after explaining the behaviour of the interface, he says it's not working properly and I need to send it back to him.

Everyone has his fave programs for these disks.

I personally always end up with NDos convertor for Dos-type binary load files (.COM/.EXE) and Selector for single load boot-type files. (As it can add these from disk and casette.)

Images for both types of disks can be found here as I don't see why I would upload them twice.

won't the ape software convert dbl dens or usd dbl dens formatted disks (which i guess is the format used by rob c/ian k/ c elton boot disks anyway)

I think there is an atr version of the howfen disk menu system (both version 3.07 and 3.08) firstly just convert you original rob c/alpha/ian k or c elton disks to howfen format (using the built in feature on the howfen disk menu program) I am sure that ape software will convert 1050 density boot disks to atr, then all you do is making sure that all your converted howfen disks are 1050 density, just convert them over to atr using the ape software

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I'll be going, it looks quite good. I wanted to go last year but thought it might not be that good, but by all reports it was fantastic.

There's another page about it here: http://www.r3play.info/ , this talks about last years event.

They have loads going on by the looks of it. It would be great if we could pre-arrange a big Atari 8 bit group to meet there. All the arcade / pinball machines are free, which means you save money on what you'd spend in Blackpool arcades!

I should be coming up with a colleague if he still wants to go (and the wife lets me go!)

The dates this year are confirmed now as 5th and 6th November replayexpo

Hello everyone,

I can't seem to find the download for NDOS ?

It's there, search for NDOS and click U033a ... You copy the COM (I think it was COM and not EXE on these) files you want on a blank disk, run the NDOS Converter and insert the disk with the COM files. You can write longer file names and everything. Very nice boot loader I think