IGNORED

Was there a "Cosmo Fighter 1" for Colecovision?

No, there was never a CF 1 released for the ColecoVision. However, Marcel de Kogel (Red Bullet Software) did release "Cosmo Fighter - The Super Game" in disk image format for use with Coleco ADAM Computer emulators or to transfer back to a real ADAM Computer. I guess this ADAM specific release can be consider version 1 since it was released before the cartridges.

No, there was never a CF 1 released for the ColecoVision. However, Marcel de Kogel (Red Bullet Software) did release "Cosmo Fighter - The Super Game" in disk image format for use with Coleco ADAM Computer emulators or to transfer back to a real ADAM Computer. I guess this ADAM specific release can be consider version 1 since it was released before the cartridges.

Thanks for this info.

Were "Cosmo Fighter 2" and "Cosmo Fighter 3" the first colecovision games since the mid 80's?

Anyway, I like these two games very much. CF2 really has an "Astrosmash" feel to it, sort of.

Just a tip for everyone: use a Genesis controller with rapid-fire for these two games. Just enjoying these games both very much, very impressive for such "old" titles!!! Already "classics" IMO. Recommended.

Except homebrew cartridges made for the Coleco ADAM computers, there was no homebrew ColecoVision games in cartridge format before 1996. The first official homebrew ColecoVision game released in cartridge format is Kevtris by Kevin Horton. BUT, I can't tell if it's also the first ColecoVision homebrew game knowing that in 1996 Purple Dinosaur Massacre and Cosmo Fighter 2 were done and all 3 games kinda available in the Internet at the same time... and who knows if there was any effort of doing a ColecoVision homebrew game before 1996, I kow there was homebrew projects for the Coleco ADAM in the 80s, but never heard of one for the ColecoVision.

As for Genesis controllers, they are not 100% compatible obviously (no secondary fire, no keypad), but also they may not work for some games too. Someone told me that GhostBlaster can't be played with a Genesis controller, maybe it's a problem with the controller or the controller model isn't good for that, I don't know.

Except homebrew cartridges made for the Coleco ADAM computers, there was no homebrew ColecoVision games in cartridge format before 1996. The first official homebrew ColecoVision game released in cartridge format is Kevtris by Kevin Horton. BUT, I can't tell if it's also the first ColecoVision homebrew game knowing that in 1996 Purple Dinosaur Massacre and Cosmo Fighter 2 were done and all 3 games kinda available in the Internet at the same time... and who knows if there was any effort of doing a ColecoVision homebrew game before 1996, I kow there was homebrew projects for the Coleco ADAM in the 80s, but never heard of one for the ColecoVision.

As for Genesis controllers, they are not 100% compatible obviously (no secondary fire, no keypad), but also they may not work for some games too. Someone told me that GhostBlaster can't be played with a Genesis controller, maybe it's a problem with the controller or the controller model isn't good for that, I don't know.

Thanks for the info. Many games cannot be played with the Genesis controller, but many can.

Games that come to mind that work with the Genesis controller are Donkey Kong, Cosmic Avenger, Zaxxon, Popeye, GORF, Sky Jaguar, Cosmo Fighter 2, Cosmo Fighter 3. I will someday complile a full list.