IGNORED

Adventure II for Atari 8-Bit Computers?

Arjak

• 1 month later...

Any progress?

I thought I'd get done over summer, but that didn't happen. Various summer activities kept me away from doing too much, but now that the swimming pool is closed for the season and I've burned most of my vacation time, I have time to finish up AdvII XE. You should be seeing more frequent updates by me and don't be afraid to prompt me now & then. When I see interest in the project, it reminds me and motivates me to work on it!

The last thing I was working on (in August) was switching the entire sound routine and sound/music data over to a free 8K bank (now that I have a full 64K to work with on the XE), and trying out some new tunes. I never really mastered doing good sounds using Pokey so a lot of the time was playing around and experimenting with FX like decay and vibrato FX.

Unfortunately, my PC got a bad virus/rootkit infection a week ago, and I just got that resolved yesterday, haven't even hooked up the PC yet. If you don't hear back from me in a week, prompt me again.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update: something fried in my PC (after spending $130 on getting viruses cleared off it, argh!). I'll know today or tomorrow if its worth fixing or if I'll need to buy a different PC. It might just be the power supply. So no progress on Adventure II XE right now.

Once I get my PC troubles resolved, I will finish up new sounds & music and then see if its worth implementing some of my other ideas from long ago, or if I should just ship it as-is. I'll post a demo as soon as I get the new sound routine working - I will set a goal for Oct 1 (HAW HAW, okay pretty soon I promise) to post the demo here. FYI!

Edited by Cafeman

Finally got my homebrewin' PC fixed and back in working order! A power surge fried the power supply, so I just needed a new power supply. Tried to 'get back into it' but its amazing how quickly I forget ASM rules. I didn't work on the game in September at all, unfortunately, until a day ago.

Don't plug your PC into unprotected outlets!

Edited by Cafeman

Tried to 'get back into it' but its amazing how quickly I forget ASM rules. I didn't work on the game in September at all, unfortunately, until a day ago.

You are, indeed, the proverbial man - as in "you're the man!"

yoda.jpg

Much faith in you and anticipation for your work we all do have!

I feel for ya on the PC hardware issues. My "Dev" PC bombed out on my last month took me about two weeks to recover all the needed data off the drive. It was another three weeks before I even got around to "rebuilding" it. Which took about a day. And that was just restoring, installing the devkit/visual studio, and running the ten million microsoft insecutiry updates and dis-service packs! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...