IGNORED

fortresscraft

xg4bx

I got it for my son to play.... he's a big minecraft fan...

He said it's minecraft with all the fun sucked right out of it,

but he did admit it looks alot better....

So i showed him the preview page of upcoming content.

He's looking forward to it.... minecarts,PvsP...etc

Why only 1 save slot?

he spent an hour making something in single player.

then lost all of it after playing a multiplayer game!

is this right? :x

he was upset... we'll se what the new update's add.

-rick

I picked up Fortresscraft, it is 240 M$ points for "Chapter 1: Creation". If you want a creative outlet to build an 8-bit like block style world, then this is for you. It does allow multiplayer, up to four people right now it will allow more people in the future. If building a world doesn't really interest you, then I would suggest waiting a while for later chapters. Later chapters will include the original world building aspect and other perks such as enemies, physics, machines, etc. If you buy the first Chapter, you will still have to buy the following chapters for those additions, they will not just be updates. But future Chapters will be stand alone and not require the previous chapters.

Zeptari- as for your son's world being destroyed, that is a known bug. Everytime you Join another person's world it deletes your saved world. A work around is to Copy (not Move) the save game onto a different memory card or USB stick after you are done building, then when you are done playing multiplayer exit the game and copy your saved world back. I think this major bug is addressed in a patch that is coming as soon as 4/17.

Also, remember that as with all Indie games you MUST be connected to XBox live just in order to play the game, even if you don't want to play multiplayer. (I know I sound like a broken record, but it is an important fact to be reminded of)

stand alone updates...why? :ponder:

That seems foolish.... i was guessing the main game would be

sold for 240 ms points and then updates for 80 or 160 ms points...

updating the main game seems smarter then separate expensions...

i guess this is the first/last fortresscraft game for me... :(

-rick

• 2 weeks later...

stand alone updates...why? :ponder:

That seems foolish.... i was guessing the main game would be

sold for 240 ms points and then updates for 80 or 160 ms points...

updating the main game seems smarter then separate expensions...

i guess this is the first/last fortresscraft game for me... :(

-rick

There are limits to the way XBLA and Indie games work together. The Indie games section wasn't made to allow expansions. Fortresscraft is a much more ambitious then the indie games section was made for. I'll buy the first one and go from there. I have been playing around with the demo and what is out now is worth $3. I will wait to see how they handle the new content and go from there.

It is possible that this game will get out of indie games. xBox does have a set up that would allow them to move this game to the Live Arcade and then it could be expanded like other games there have been. With the buzz this game has already gotten I expect this might just happen. Microsoft has a known habbit of making as much money as they can from other's software and this move would surely help them make more money.

As for the minecraft clone people getting upset about this, I tried to get into minecraft and all the download sites were down for well over a month leaving me with no way to buy the game at all, so I couldn't play it. I don't know that this ever got fixed because after a month I stopped caring. At least now I can play this kind of game.

As for the minecraft clone people getting upset about this, I tried to get into minecraft and all the download sites were down for well over a month leaving me with no way to buy the game at all, so I couldn't play it. I don't know that this ever got fixed because after a month I stopped caring. At least now I can play this kind of game.

I would have to assume that was during the time when Minecraft experienced a massive surge in members resulting in their current servers at the time being unable to handle the load. Yes, it got fixed and they're running with much stronger hardware now. They recently passed 2 million in sales as well, so I'm guessing people are having no problems signing up.

A friend of mine tried the demo out for fortresscraft the other day and he couldn't even bring himself to finish the demo's time limit before he turned it off, deleted it, and went back to minecraft.

wow even more reason to play my 360, the only thing i hate is that you have to be connected to the net just to play it.

With this game the online connection thing is more understandable. You can join over worlds and if the creaters of those worlds set it up right you can edit those worlds. Its kind of fun to watch things pop up a screen a way as someone throws a building together. I'm still digging this game a bunch and when I show it off to friends they are always hooked.