IGNORED

gamestop liquidatoin sale....

xg4bx

So is there many people taking advantage of the deal? I'm going there opening time tomorrow morning and I hope theres some good stuff left icon_ponder.gif

I was the only one going through the ps2 titles at all. Once they found out, an employee started going after the GBA games.

well, I just ordered 20 more games online. I stuck with $1.99 ones, so with free shipping, and my 10% discount applied, it came to a whopping 21.30. :lust: $1 per game.

edit: I'm up to 60 games for the day now. One store purchase and 4 online orders total.

Edited by Reaperman

What are people doing with there cases? I can understand back in the cartridge days people throwing away the cardboard boxes, but a jewel case that houses the intructions or a dvd style case getting thrown in the trash? Makes no sense to me. I won't even buy most (if not any) CD game without its case and instructions. I know that Gamestop throws away some of there games cases, since a chunk of there PS2 section is in paper sleeves, and that seems unacceptable. Whats even more disgusting about that, is that they aren't priced any cheaper for being in that condition either.

I guess most people really don't care about the cases and manuals that much. Hard to believe, but there you go.

I hate it even if the manual is missing from a game.

I just grabbed 28 ps2 games from my closest gamestop. Even the employees didn't know that it really started today, and quickly began putting together their own stacks.

Great news on the online though.

Heading there now.

So is there many people taking advantage of the deal? I'm going there opening time tomorrow morning and I hope theres some good stuff left icon_ponder.gif

Local results may vary but any time over the past year or so I've been in gs, I'm the only one looking through the ps2 stuff to the point that its almost embarrassing lol. I feel like the guy that everyone looks at like "why is he wasting his time with that old s***?".....as they trade in a stack of overhyped games they bought last week because they're already bored with them...

I don't think the average gs customer cares that much about ps2/gc/gba stuff anymore (sadly) let alone whether or not there's a sale.

What are people doing with there cases?

It's quite possible gamestop themselves got rid of the cases/manuals to save space at some point. I remember hearing that's what some of the other stores had done a few years back - just so they could put them in cd sleeves and put on the front desk by the register. Not saying that's the case here, but it does happen.

Back a few years ago when I shopped at GameStop, I actually witnessed them taking in a bunch of GB and GBA games complete with instructions & boxes. After the transaction was complete, one of the clerks started gutting them, throwing the boxes and instructions away, and putting price stickers on the carts.

I was aghast and asked them why the hell they were doing that. The reply? They pointed to a small free standing case full of carts and said that they put all GB and GBA games in the case and that the boxes didn't fit so they threw them away.

It was one of several GS policies that drove me to stop shopping there completely.

Mendon

Back a few years ago when I shopped at GameStop, I actually witnessed them taking in a bunch of GB and GBA games complete with instructions & boxes. After the transaction was complete, one of the clerks started gutting them, throwing the boxes and instructions away, and putting price stickers on the carts.

I was aghast and asked them why the hell they were doing that. The reply? They pointed to a small free standing case full of carts and said that they put all GB and GBA games in the case and that the boxes didn't fit so they threw them away.

It was one of several GS policies that drove me to stop shopping there completely.

Mendon

I used to get all the empty cases from my local Gamestop (Genesis era) if they happened to be throwing them out when I was there. They also quoted space issues as the reason, which I guess makes sense. Worked out well for me :)

Tempest

do you guys remember funco land? if you went in and saw a game box on the wall, you would take it to the counter and ask if they had it in stock ...95% of the time,. they didnt ahve the game and would just put the box back out on the shelf....

I caught on to this and would have the guys just let me have the boxes.....so many boxes..so little time!

Those are prob all $5 games by now, but once gamestop gets rid of their collection..My extras will become more valuable as I have all orignial cases and inserts....

But that pic has Nightshade in there! Great game made by Sega....thats before the ps2 took a dump with all sports and shooters!!!!

dp7c04.jpg

Here are my finds at the local Gamestops. Total came out to around $2.50 a game icon_smile.gif Can't wait to give some of these a play!

Sweet haul. Is that manhunt 2 in there? I haven't seen a copy of that in ages.

I don't think my local gs has that many games still with original artwork left period lol.

I should really start hitting up the cheapie 360 rack because those games will be meeting the same caseless fate not too long from now.

Edit-I just noticed the transformers game that atari published. Awesome game and imo still the best transformers game.

Edited by xg4bx

I went to the nice Gamestop near me today and didn't find much. Most of the PS2 games were caseless which isn't an option for me. I did put up a nice new looking Dark Cloud 2, but that's all I could find that I wanted. They had a bunch of good stuff in the New PS2 section (Sakura Wars, Arc the Lad, etc.) but those aren't part of the deal. Sakura Wars is down to $19 so I may pick that up eventually, but for now it's a pass.

The Gamecube section was decimated. Nothing of value and nothing in cases.

Tempest

Picked up a few more games today:

Jax and Dexter 1 (PS2)

Jax and Dexter 2 (PS2)

Jax and Dexter 3 (PS2)

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (GC)

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)

Bards Tale (Ps2)

SNK vs Capcom 2: EO (GC)

I think I'll snag Sakura Wars V for the PS2 tomorrow even though it's not included in the sale because I don't think it will last much longer. I really wanted to get La Pucell Tactics but I haven't been able to find a complete copy yet. Bah...

Tempest

I'm really curious as to how SNK vs Capcom 2 will play on the GC. I know the whole EO thing is a love it or hate it deal, but for those of us who can't memorize those complicated super moves it's a great idea. That and how many serious fighting games were made for the GC? Like 5?

Tempest

Well, I got 5 shipments of Gamestop today, with only one mistake. Mr. Mosquito ($1.99) was swapped with the 360 version of the lego starwars saga. I really don't feel like complaining about that one though. I already have a Mr. Mosquito, but now I guess I need a 360.

Also made a slightly pricier order from them to fill in some more ps2 gaps:

•  
  • Playboy: The Mansion
  • Capcom vs. SNK 2
  • Killzone
  • Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest