IGNORED

Buy Curious

BigO

I do this all the time. Bought this today, not game related but it was so odd it caught my attention. Was at a record store and found this in the used section. Its a 3" mini cd by Sigur Ros. That is all I knew when I found it. But it had such cool packaging coming in a little mini digipak with a clear clam shell case to hold it. Didn't know if it was a single, EP or something else entirely. Since it was only 2 bucks I bought it just to find out. Turns out its a single for the song Untitled (Vaka) off of the album (). Also on it are 3 remixes of the song, all of which are fantastic!

sigur1.jpg

sigur2.jpg

Edited by A_Locomotive

• 11 months later...

Haha, very nice! So you could indeed try using it as a pointing device on your PC after you get or build an adapter. :)

I ran across this controller again today while cleaning a closet. I looked at the spec. documents in detail. Seeing the data format for "Coordinate Devices" made me a bit suspicious of something. I cross referenced it with the specs for a different serial pointing device and sure enough, it looks like the track ball/mouse CDi controllers use the same protocol as an old PC serial mouse.

I may build an adapter too hook this up to a 9 pin serial port and dig out an old computer that will directly use the RS-232 mouse. Maybe I can ultimately use this thing as a mouse on a more current computer by using a USB/RS-232 adapter...