IGNORED

Atari 2600 Zookeeper NTSC

Wonder007

(I would scan the article and post, but uploading pics is a hassle here since you have to host them yourself)

You don't need to host anything, just click Reply or Use Full Editor instead of using the Fast Reply box. From there use the Attachments section to upload a photo to include in your post:

post-3056-0-65176700-1303760889_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpiceWare

(I would scan the article and post, but uploading pics is a hassle here since you have to host them yourself)

You don't need to host anything, just click Reply or Use Full Editor instead of using the Fast Reply box. From there use the Attachments section to upload a photo to include in your post:

post-3056-0-65176700-1303760889_thumb.jpg

r u serious?

TESTING

post-17556-0-36884800-1303791044_thumb.jpg

oh sweet!

thanks man!

Edited by Supergun

If Zookeeper would have come out on the Atari 2600, what company would have done the release??? I will let you know why I am asking later.

Could there be a homebrew in the works????? icon_lust.gif

I loved Zookeeper back in the arcade days!

me too.would love a homebrew of zookeeper.

Could there be a homebrew in the works?????

Not me. Personally, I don't care much for a homebrew of Zookepper.

What I would like is a production run of a REAL Zookeeper proto.

(assuming it exists, assuming it has been found, and assuming that it is what this thread is about)

That's a lot of assumptions, I know, hence why I am not as excited about this as others I suppose.

I wouldn't mind if it was like the 2600 Turbo project. (a not quite complete & buggy proto gets polished)

But a "built from scratch" homebrew...heh...does not excite me too much.

As an example, I am still on the fence with that 2600 Lady Bug homebrew from a few years back.

Excellent game, no doubt, but something about it just feels...odd...not the game itself mind you,

but mostly the "packaging". A Coleco shell with the proper time period label, artwork, & format would

have done wonders for it. No offense to whomever won the label contest on that one, but it SUCKS.

In fact, while on that subject, I generally despise any and all "out of proper format" artwork for

cartridge labels. Just my opinion of course, and I am sure others will disagree, but that's how I feel.

Could there be a homebrew in the works?????

Not me. Personally, I don't care much for a homebrew of Zookepper.

What I would like is a production run of a REAL Zookeeper proto.

(assuming it exists, assuming it has been found, and assuming that it is what this thread is about)

That's a lot of assumptions, I know, hence why I am not as excited about this as others I suppose.

I wouldn't mind if it was like the 2600 Turbo project. (a not quite complete & buggy proto gets polished)

But a "built from scratch" homebrew...heh...does not excite me too much.

As an example, I am still on the fence with that 2600 Lady Bug homebrew from a few years back.

Excellent game, no doubt, but something about it just feels...odd...not the game itself mind you,

but mostly the "packaging". A Coleco shell with the proper time period label, artwork, & format would

have done wonders for it. No offense to whomever won the label contest on that one, but it SUCKS.

In fact, while on that subject, I generally despise any and all "out of proper format" artwork for

cartridge labels. Just my opinion of course, and I am sure others will disagree, but that's how I feel.

I am with Supergun on this one. When I release unreleased games, I like to keep it consistent with the way the game would have probably been released (Racer- Atari release, Bouncing Baby Bunnies- Telesys release, etc....).

The game I am trying to acquire is the actual unreleased game, it is not a homebrew....trust me..... ;)

BTW, no updates yet....please keep your fingers crossed... :)

- Wonder007

BTW, no updates yet....please keep your fingers crossed... :)

- Wonder007

Tease!

Every time I see you post to this thread, I get excited thinking you have some news!

I am patient tho...so....um...any news yet??? icon_mrgreen.gif

• 5 weeks later...

it amazes me that 30 years later these things are still showing up...pretty cool.

It is rather astonishing, I agree.

But certain 2600 protos have just seemed to "hide" better then others over the years.

The Parker Brothers Incredible Hulk & James Bond Octopussy cartridges take the cake!

I used to stay up late nights just staring at that 1983 Parker Brothers catalog just

wondering what the hell ever happened to them?!

But when it comes to Atari themselves, Qix has always intrigued me the most.

As well as: Airworld, Food Fight, Galaga, Choplifter, & of course Zookeeper.

• 2 weeks later...