IGNORED

Kilobaud MICROCOMPUTING Magaine

Along with a lot of old computer magazines that I received for one issue of "Interface Age" I got a couple of issues of "Kilobaud MICROCOMPUTING." This magazine was published from 1977-1984. Just like "Interface Age," I can't find even ONE issue of this magazine available online anywhere. Does anyone know where this magazine might be available in electronic format?

Adam

Does anyone know where ["Kilobaud MICROCOMPUTING."] might be available in electronic format?

In a private email I was pointed to the beginnings of an archive for this magazine. Currently three issues have been scanned (and OCRed). The issues are:

May 1978

June 1978

July 1983

Here is a direct link to the "Kilobaud MICROCOMPUTING" archive:

"Kilobaud" Magazine Archive at http://www.thecomputerarchive.com

Perhaps more issues will be posted here. If you are aware of any other websites or archives that have this magazines, please let me know.

Adam

This periodical seems to have had some name changes over the years:

It began as Kilobaud (ISSN 0192-4583) in January 1977. This title continued through December 1978.

From issue no. 25 (Jan. 1979) through no. 62 (Feb. 1982) it was called Kilobaud: microcomputing (ISSN 0192-4575).

Finally, in March 1982, it became Microcomputing (ISSN 0744-4567). Publication apparently ceased in November 1984.

I note the formal changes of name because some libraries (or collectors) may hold a few issues under one or another of the titles and people may not realise that it is, in fact, the same magazine.

While several major Canadian libraries hold full or partial runs of this title, it does not appear to be available on microfilm or fiche.