IGNORED

NUFLI C64 Mode?

Heaven/TQA

Emkay it's not the first time you say this:

"We >can< reach music like this, but >never< we have a sprite based hires game or demo as on the C64. Except someone finds the hidden register that activates clean PAL support"

What is this 'hidden register'?

Something around 1/2 colour clock... colours in Hi-Resol.?

Is there some talks around this anywhere?

What is really this?

Thanks.

José Pereira.

I meant Mode E. So that makes E/F.

Depending on colour settings you can get PAL colour mix artifacts... not to mention the normal hires artifacts esp. NTSC.

Does any emulator support PAL colour mixing like that ?

Altirra looks good with simple artifacts but I haven't tried color mixing in alternating lines like that...

Emkay it's not the first time you say this:

"We >can< reach music like this, but >never< we have a sprite based hires game or demo as on the C64. Except someone finds the hidden register that activates clean PAL support"

What is this 'hidden register'?

Something around 1/2 colour clock... colours in Hi-Resol.?

Is there some talks around this anywhere?

What is really this?

Thanks.

José Pereira.

It's just a joke.

am I the only one who dislikes Antic F 320x mode with PM overlays simply because it looks so "Sinclair ZX spectrum" like? For status bars etc, fair enough but for ingame? ok. I like the "Ultima" approach posted here but it definitly reminds me ZX-Spectrum. Why? because you can not use colors free per 8x8 cell because we have not enough PMs to mimic the Spectrum attribute ram or the c64 color ram.

why did I post the NFLI? because there might be some tricks which we can use for A8, too... not the multiplexing but if you go through the whole thread you an realise that the know-how is embedded into the converter and that might be some nice read for Tebe and Co for G2F or for Jac! including stuff into the IDE.

am I the only one who dislikes Antic F 320x mode with PM overlays simply because it looks so "Sinclair ZX spectrum" like? For status bars etc, fair enough but for ingame? ok. I like the "Ultima" approach posted here but it definitly reminds me ZX-Spectrum. Why? because you can not use colors free per 8x8 cell because we have not enough PMs to mimic the Spectrum attribute ram or the c64 color ram.

Yeah that PM width limit is quite frustrating... :(

I wanted to see how would it look like on A8 - now I know :)

Quite good in my opinion.

Testing the limits, I suppose...

Now, I'm tempted to go with same source graphics but in double-size on screen with overscan and 2x2 pixel 4-5 color modes...

ps. And in game instructions I would add "stand at least 3-4 meters away from tv screen" ;)

why did I post the NFLI? because there might be some tricks which we can use for A8, too... not the multiplexing but if you go through the whole thread you an realise that the know-how is embedded into the converter and that might be some nice read for Tebe and Co for G2F or for Jac! including stuff into the IDE.

That is right! Converter is the most impressive stuff about NUFLI...

There is really a need for something like that on A8.

G2F is a very good tool - but something more "automatic" should be made...