IGNORED

Build Your Own Atari In Less Than An Hour!

beamer320i

There circulate more small movies like these and I'm always a bit 'disappointed' that they almost never show anything with Atari Xl/XE eqpuiment. When Atari is named in it, it is about the 2600... which is rather cool ofcourse but not my favorite atari.

But... for the rest: I agree with the man in the movie... he describes exactly why I like my Atari 8bit.

I didn't see any video. I use Flashblock, but even the ad to the right shows up as a "F" to click on, but no video!

The video is not working for me either. On FireFox 4, it just displays the red animated circle. On IE8, the video says: "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later."

Finally got the video working on IE but not on FF on a Windows XP computer. But on a Windows 7 computer, the video worked with FF. Strange.

This bring back memories of the "Z80 micro professor" (see picture) we used at school to learn a bit assembly. Programmed by entering hex codes. A few years ago I bought one from a school's stock because they are not used anymore for teaching. What a shame. These things give you much more inside in how computers work that just firing up a Java IDE.

:) The old ohm wheel chart from the 1950's that he's using, my grandpa was actually the manager of Henry's radio back then.

I learned the color codes from head. In Dutch we have a mnemonic sentence to remember:

"Zij bracht rozen op Gerrit's graf bij vies grauw weer" (She brought roses on Gerrit's grave in dirty grey weather). Each first (two) letter(s) of a word stands for a color, and the words are numbered from 0 to 9:

Zij (she) = Zwart (black) = 0

Bracht (brought) = Bruin (brown) =1

Rozen (rozes) = Rood (Red) = 2

Op (on) = Oranje (orange) =3

Gerrit's (Gerrit's) = Geel (Yellow) =4

Graf (grave) = Groen (Green) = 5

Bij (in) = Blauw (Blue) = 6

Vies (dirty) = Violet (Violet) = 7

Grauw (grey) = Grijs (Grey) = 8

Weer (weather) = Wit (White) = 9

Robert

f430_3.JPG