IGNORED

yars' revenge prequel game on facebook

bomberpunk

(please move to the appropriate forum if necessary, i wasn't sure where to post this)

the full title of the game is Yars' Revenge: The First War. it's apparently made in flash, and facebook friends can join others' games and team up against the Qotiles. it's very much like the 2600 title, and not that horrible rail shooter atrocity found on PS3/X360

the game is divided into six sectors that are accessible at certain times of day. each sector has 10 waves of increasing difficulty, and by w10 the Qotile doesn't just attack once, it boomerangs all over the screen. i'm not one for facebook games, but this is actually fun as hell.

with a points system, you can also upgrade your head/legs/abdomen/wings for different looks which also upgrade your speed, defenses, and cannon.

how's about you just go straight to the game!

there's also a non-facebook version on atari.com: atari.com/play/game/yarsfwnk

also there are not 60 waves. more like 600. the "camera" zooms out when you clear the initial 10 waves of a sector. then you face two sets of 10 waves. after that the screen zooms out further and you face three sets of 10 waves. and finally, four sets of 10 waves. that's 100 waves total per sector. i'm at 465 or something.

sometimes the flash can get a bit choppy, and it seems like the game is incomplete as far us upgrades go. i have the best & most expesive armor (FireFly armor) and according to the bar chart, i'm not even halfway maxed out on my stats. Leveling up doesn't do a damn thing to stats either.

i hope atari fixes these issues and maybe ports it to the DS or XBL or something so i don't have to kill my wrists using the keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...