IGNORED

Found it finally RXB2002

RXB

Ok so found the file I have been looking for for months on the FTP site.

Problem is it has a .rpk extension and I have no idea how to convert it to .dsk for Classic99.

Anyone know how?

An rpk file is actually a zip file containing the ROM/GROM images.

Just rename the .rpk file to .zip and extract the files inside to your classic99 disk folder.

It also contains an layout.xml file with the information for MESS. You don't need that for classic99 so it can be skipped.

Further details on the MESS .rpk format can be found here.

This is not a critical point, I just want to point out a great, free archive program for Windows, Mac, Linux, Amiga, etc.: 7-zip. It is available at 7-zip.org, is free, and supports an amazing number of archival formats. It also supports reading VHD files, which are the virtual hard drives for Hyper-V, Virtual PC, and a couple others.

Anyway, what brings this to mind are the numerous instructions which would have you rename a file extension so you can open a file with an archiver. Of course, we know that any file can be opened, irrespective of extension, with the correct utility. One of the things 7-zip installs is a context menu which allows you to right-click ANY file and open with 7-zip.

This is handy for things like RPKs, JARs, ISOs, and others which have programs which would normally open with another program but you may need to open it with something else.

• Like 1

This is not a critical point, I just want to point out a great, free archive program for Windows, Mac, Linux, Amiga, etc.: 7-zip. It is available at 7-zip.org, is free, and supports an amazing number of archival formats. It also supports reading VHD files, which are the virtual hard drives for Hyper-V, Virtual PC, and a couple others.

Anyway, what brings this to mind are the numerous instructions which would have you rename a file extension so you can open a file with an archiver. Of course, we know that any file can be opened, irrespective of extension, with the correct utility. One of the things 7-zip installs is a context menu which allows you to right-click ANY file and open with 7-zip.

This is handy for things like RPKs, JARs, ISOs, and others which have programs which would normally open with another program but you may need to open it with something else.

You can actually do this using the "Send To" menu in Windows, too (you may have noticed it sitting there!). If you open your Send To folder, you can drop any shortcut in there you like, and it becomes an entry in the Send To popup menu. I've used this for years with a notepad, compressor, and hex editor for quick and easy loading of any file.

The location of Send To varies a little depending on the version of Windows, which is the main sucky part. It's usually under Documents and Settings, and your profile name, depending on the version of Windows.

Well it it to bad it was not the full package I sent out in the first place.

The original had docs, XB programs, all the Source including XB ROMs source and a better AMS set up.

This is only the GRAMs and that is it, they threw away the most important stuff the source code.

At least you can try out the GRAMs I attached.

RXB2002.zip