IGNORED

Where's Owen?

Willsy

Nope, same thing here, and we have seen this before with Codex too. Seems to be one aspect of the "TI Curse". I think people put hobbies on hold for things like a family tragedy (let's hope this is not what happened in Owen's or Codex's case!), mid-life crisis, spouse ultimatum, interference with job or life, etc. What ever the reason, let's just hope Owen gets through it and that things work out for him regardless of whether he returns to the TI or not. Personally I'd really like to see Owen and Codex back on the forum, but if they are happy then that is fine too, but they are definitely missed here.

• Like 3

Nope, same thing here, and we have seen this before with Codex too. Seems to be one aspect of the "TI Curse". I think people put hobbies on hold for things like a family tragedy (let's hope this is not what happened in Owen's or Codex's case!), mid-life crisis, spouse ultimatum, interference with job or life, etc. What ever the reason, let's just hope Owen gets through it and that things work out for him regardless of whether he returns to the TI or not. Personally I'd really like to see Owen and Codex back on the forum, but if they are happy then that is fine too, but they are definitely missed here.

Agreed! Come back, fellas!

Adamantyr

Might be a thoughtful idea for all the Atari Age users in the smaller groups like TI-99/4A Programming forum to share email address if they would not mind.

It would not bother me to do this if the group is small like it is presently.

Owen's been away before for a month or so. I think it's likely he is on the road again with band.

That's what I thought, but their band calendar is pretty scarce for May, and in April all their bookings were pretty close to home (GA vs. ND for example.) Unless their booking calendar is not up to date... There has also been no updates on their band's FB page either, and that kind of stuff seems like it would be rather important to a working band.

Owen had contact with Codex (last AA post this August) and received a SSGC manual draft from him this November. Codex is caught up in real life and work.

I totally agree that work and life can keep you from an active hobby, but too busy to poke around and comment on stuff every now and then? That seems rather extreme... Which I guess may be necessary for people sometimes.

I sort of am falling in the same direction as those fellows. I am still (sort of) participating, but I have no ideas currently and haven't yet had a chance to pick up the assembly book. I see that as my next challenge...

Regarding Owen + Codex - I tried to ping Codex a few months ago to no reply (he lives close to me). Dunno about Owen... But, the stalker in me just checked and he was "last active" on 3/24.

-H

Owen is taking care of his responsibilities right now and that is good ! He'll be back and posting like a hyperactive gerbil at some point.

Doesn't mean everything has to die off, we just need a temporary replacement. Who has the most energy ;-) ???

I sort of am falling in the same direction as those fellows. I am still (sort of) participating, but I have no ideas currently and haven't yet had a chance to pick up the assembly book. I see that as my next challenge...

Regarding Owen + Codex - I tried to ping Codex a few months ago to no reply (he lives close to me). Dunno about Owen... But, the stalker in me just checked and he was "last active" on 3/24.

-H

Running out of ideas ? No, that can't be ;)

Hey, aren't you a java programmer ? We sure could use someone who continues working on Magellan.

I'd love to see some new features in Magellan and graphiCV, your sprite editor.

I'm no java programmer and as usual life gets in the way.

For myself I hope to be back in the saddle by the end of September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, i found Owen on ti99ers facebook's group... these are our important sentences exchanged:

"

Ciro Barile Owen ! :) we waiting you on atariage... miss you to all group !! :)

Ieri alle ore 20.01 · Mi piaceNon mi piace più

Owen Brand Miss you too Ciro! i dont have internet now though. just text only facebook on my little cell phone. tell everyone i miss them."

"

i am sure all you will glad these news about Owen, so i think if someone want, can write him on facebook pages ;)

• 2 months later...

I'm not dead... =) I've just been doing alot of things... Economy and clubs shutting down shortened our touring schedule to the point we could no longer stay in business... Not to mention gas prices. I moved to Tennessee and live on a farm with no internet access... Apologies for my absence, guys... Here's a video for you all. I made this a month ago and much has improved since this was made. Hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1X4yGUr8w

Hope you enjoy, guys. Miss the hell out of ya