IGNORED

Misleading Hozer Lochjaw auction

Dino

He's made it more than clear who made it in the description, nothing wrong with the listing, if someone is so impulsive / impatient they hit the bin without reading further than so be it. A Fool and his money are soon parted.

I disagree. If you are selling a repro, then the word repro should be used in the title of the listing, as it is a critical part of the listing.

This looks like a legit lochjaw from the photo and a collector may see the price at $75 and hit the BIN automatically, in the hope that someone else does not beat him to it and thus without reading the description.

This is what the seller is hoping for, which is why the seller is being dishonest

He finally got a negative feedback for similar auctions. I find it funny that someone was disappointed that the Hozer mark was NOT on a label: "Item as described but wish it had Hozer marking on it (not seller's fault) Thx!"

icon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gificon_rolling.gif

Blurry photos to hide Hozer face - check.

Mention made by Hozer at bottom of posting - check.

No mention of the word 'reproduction' - check.

Starting price of $75, implying this is actually worth $75 or more - check.

Weird, are Hozer carts becoming "collectible" to some, even to the point where you're disappointed that the stupid Hozer head isn't on the cart? :?

Some of the earlier stuff is, he was a legitimate homebrew seller for a long time. I used to buy stuff from him before I even knew of Atariage (I was old school, no computer - lol) when I joined here I learned about all the dis-honesty and my image of him was tainted (although I still don't see how he makes any money selling games for $11?) but selling other peoples homebrew work without there permission is wrong no matter how you look at it, if he profits or not. The last list he sent me (several years ago) had quite a few AA homebrews on it that were being made illegally so I stopped buying from him. Sure, if you want a cheap Air Raid or Eli's ladder he's the man, but the fact that he will not stop selling other peoples games (that do not want him to sell them) is reason enough for me to avoid him now.

Oh, by the way, I agree this Ebay sale is dis-honest. The pic (even if it is real) is purposely being made to look like a real cart in my opinion.

To: atarigame18

Subject: Details about item: Lochjaw Atari 2600 7800 #170639186927

Sent Date: May-10-11 08:09:09 PDT

Dear atarigame18,

Does your copy have any markings on the labels stating that it's a reproduction *and* made by Hozer?

Sent Date: May-10-11 08:56:04 PDT

no, no matkings, not sure why it doesnt have any.

To: atarigame18

Sent Date: May-10-11 09:23:09 PDT

Dear atarigame18,

Just curious - how do you know it is a Hozer reproduction then?

Oddly, they stopped responding to me at this point.

He's made it more than clear who made it in the description, nothing wrong with the listing, if someone is so impulsive / impatient they hit the bin without reading further than so be it. A Fool and his money are soon parted.

I disagree. If you are selling a repro, then the word repro should be used in the title of the listing, as it is a critical part of the listing.

This looks like a legit lochjaw from the photo and a collector may see the price at $75 and hit the BIN automatically, in the hope that someone else does not beat him to it and thus without reading the description.

This is what the seller is hoping for, which is why the seller is being dishonest

I tried that route.. it got my selling privelages banned for 2 weeks.

I was honest, made it VERY clear that it was a REPRODUCTION. Yet... it got yanked and I got banned for 2 weeks. Yet... I can sit here and watch this guy sell stuff every day

would this be an official copy of TCM? I'm assuming no since this is the sellers second sale?

Thanks!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2905642372691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290564237269&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

-Mark

Everything that seller lists are reproductions, he even admitted it to me in an e-mail (see the rest of the e-mails from him above):

Sent Date: May-10-11 13:39:13 PDT

Pretty sure, I was told it was when I bought it, doesn't have that face on it though, all of the games I have up are Repros. If your interested I can sell it for like $40. I pay $25 for the carts at the Flea Market and after fees that is about the lowest I can go.

Isn't making deals outside of eBay against their TOS? He obviously has multiples of all the repro carts he's selling, but I'm not sure I believe he's just buying them from someone at a "flea market".

Edit: just noticed that the eBay listing above is actually a different seller. The comments above are actually re: the eBay seller "atarigame18" and all of his current listings.

Edited by 20ohm20