IGNORED

Rechargable Battery Question

Mendon

I need a new rechargeable battery for one of my controllers and stopped at three different stores: a Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. None of these stores were selling the MS batteries by themselves, with the only way to purchase one was either packaged with the Play & Charge or Quick Charge kits.

All three stores had some Nyko and Interact batteries, but I don't want either of these brands.

I came home and looked on Amazon and even they aren't selling the batteries. A few individual MS batteries are listed but they are being offered by sellers other than Amazon, and most were priced as much as a Play & Charge kit.

Does anyone know if MS stopped selling the rechargeable controller batteries by themselves?

Mendon

Not sure if MS stopped selling them but you can still get them on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VSFSO4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B000VSFSO4

Glad you posted that. I just snagged a new pink battery for my GF controller for $7.00 with free 2 day shipping since I'm a prime member. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I saw the Blue and Pink batteries for sale by other sellers on Amazon but after reading the reviews of them where multiple people said they were "old stock" and "didn't hold a charge", I decided to pass on those.

Not sure if its just a fluke that individual black and white batteries are hard to find or what.... seems totally unbelievable that MS might discontinue sale of them.

Mendon

Yeah, I saw the Blue and Pink batteries for sale by other sellers on Amazon but after reading the reviews of them where multiple people said they were "old stock" and "didn't hold a charge", I decided to pass on those.

Not sure if its just a fluke that individual black and white batteries are hard to find or what.... seems totally unbelievable that MS might discontinue sale of them.

Mendon

Not that strange. Companies like to sell you "value added" products. Even if you don't need the extra's and no value is being added.

I've always just used AA rechargeables, rayovac in my case. Instead of getting the over priced old stock "official" battery, it seems to make a LOT more sense to me to just use AA's. Of course, after getting a wired controller, I didn't see a need for batteries anymore. Too bad it seems the official ones are no longer made, but I prefer the Madcats controller anyways :P

• 3 months later...

You might be better off getting something like this.

Eneloops are great, I highly recommend them.

..Al

Eneloops are all I try to buy, and I charge them on an LaCross Tech charging station. After a few rounds of purchasing, I am just about at the point where all I have are rechargables in the house. If anyone is ever for a more advanced charger, I highly recommend the LaCrosse stations.