IGNORED

Meteoric Shower cartridge

ozma wars

275us$ for a coleco repro game?

that's why i hate the colecovision scene!

no rom releases, 69 + us$ 8 bit carts... :mad:

What are you talking about? The Meteoric Shower rom file has been available since the mid to late 1980's... I should know, I was one of the first lucky ones to be given it back then. As far as the recent price on eBay, that's just what it came down to to finally secure an actual cart and box (albeit reproduction) due to another eBayer wanting it almost as much as I did. I've been wanting an original or reproduction for years (with box of course) and when you want something bad enough and for as long as I have... you tend not to mind overpaying. Also, considering what it would cost to win an auction for an original Bit Corp. Meteoric Shower cart and box that might never become become available anyway because of how rare they, it a small price to pay as far as I'm concerned.

I say congrats to the eBay seller on his big sale for having the foresight to pick one of these repros up years ago when they were made in VERY LIMITED quantities and thanks for finally making it available. I hope the money you just made goes towards a good purpose and that you didn't have to sell due to financial difficulties.

As far as prices for CV Homebrew releases, most are sold in the range of $35-$50 with professional labels, manuals and boxes and that is pretty much what games were sold for back in the early '80's as well... which is an amazing feet considering these are Homebrewers putting everything together in small runs of usually 75-100 and not some big corporation with millions of dollars at their disposal. Now, if you miss the initial release run of carts, then you are at the mercy of those that will eventually sell their copies.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For that kind of repros, I would just say: Ask the right guys

There's some guys here that can do those repros for fair price

Though, you have to keep in mind that boxed copies are made in very limited quantity wich can boost the price a little bit

I was wondering if there is a enough of interest in doing a run of these? Dale has been doing great with Ghostblaster and Jeepers Creepers. I for one know I what two ;) , if anyone else whats one let us know.

Edited by RelliK111

For that kind of repros, I would just say: Ask the right guys

There's some guys here that can do those repros for fair price

Though, you have to keep in mind that boxed copies are made in very limited quantity wich can boost the price a little bit

I was wondering if there is a enough of interest in doing a run of these? Dale has been doing great with Ghostblaster and Jeepers Creepers. I for one know I what two ;) , if anyone else whats one let us know.

I would be in for 1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also because, please let me know if I am wrong, this game is public domain now (not so ? ).

While I am not a lawyer, I find it hard to imagine the game to be in the public domain in any currently existing jurisdiction on this planet. In most western countries the game is in the public domain, if the creators have been dead for about 70 years. In no signatory of the Berne convention or TRIPS is the game in the public domain unless the creators have been dead for at least 50 years. So when looking for a state, in which to make and sell the cartrigdes legally, have a closer look at the laws in states which signed neither: Afghanistan, East Timor, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Palau, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Somalia, Turkmenistan, Tuvala, Vanatu.

Philipp