IGNORED

Lynx: What is the fair value?

Kenny's Mom

Six years ago when my son moved out and he left tons of junk in his closet. I finally decided to clean it out; taking everything to the trash. I did find an interesting object. He had a Lynx system, I believe that it is a model II. It is in a carrying case, with 6 games (Pac Land, Ninja Gaiden, Zarlor Mercenay, Xenophobe, Ryagar, Hard Drivin'), 2 cords (car charger and electrical charger).

If I decided to sell it ....what would be a fair price?

I assume its all working and looking good. I bought my 2nd hand Lynx for $60: an unboxed Lynx unit with some common games and a charger.

Pac-land, Hard Drivin' and Ninja Gaiden are somewhat harder to find, so that could raise the price a bit. Overall I would offer at most $100 for this. But maybe I'm greedy :D

Edit: I'm talking about boxed games btw. Really like boxes around them for some reason.

Edited by Ninjabba

Six years ago when my son moved out and he left tons of junk in his closet. I finally decided to clean it out; taking everything to the trash. I did find an interesting object. He had a Lynx system, I believe that it is a model II. It is in a carrying case, with 6 games (Pac Land, Ninja Gaiden, Zarlor Mercenay, Xenophobe, Ryagar, Hard Drivin'), 2 cords (car charger and electrical charger).

I'm not really able to tell you what you'd get on ebay or craigslist for that. If you sold it to a gaming resale shop, I doubt you'd get more than $20 for the lot, and of course they'll turn around and sell it for $60. But if you're just looking to get rid of it, I'll send you $50 for everything. I've been planning to pick up most of those games, and I wouldn't mind having another spare Lynx for whenever mine bites the dust on me.

I assume its all working and looking good. I bought my 2nd hand Lynx for $60: an unboxed Lynx unit with some common games and a charger.

Pac-land, Hard Drivin' and Ninja Gaiden are somewhat harder to find, so that could raise the price a bit. Overall I would offer at most $100 for this. But maybe I'm greedy :D

Edit: I'm talking about boxed games btw. Really like boxes around them for some reason.

I'm not really able to tell you what you'd get on ebay or craigslist for that. If you sold it to a gaming resale shop, I doubt you'd get more than $20 for the lot, and of course they'll turn around and sell it for $60. But if you're just looking to get rid of it, I'll send you $50 for everything. I've been planning to pick up most of those games, and I wouldn't mind having another spare Lynx for whenever mine bites the dust on me.

Sorry to mislead this conversation a bit. I was merely stating my thoughts on a price here, but I'm not interested in getting an unit at the moment. I'm from the Netherlands, and it looks like Lynx stuff is being sold more expensive here. A quick look on Ebay shows that my $100 is way too much and $50 is closer to an honest deal when living in the US.

Boxes and guides are important to collectors and would make a better price (I never understood why people throw away that stuff...). Loose carts are practically worth nothing when selling them to a 2nd hand shop. I've been offered 50 cents for some loose carts I have double when I tried to sell them in such shops.

i might be interested, but i would like to see pictures first. as you said you thin it is a model 2 - has it been tested at all?

the original packaging is what drives the collector prices, as an unpackaged unit it would appeal to players (like me) but it would have to be functional.

also would you be accepting paypal on this? where would you be shipping from?

Edited by raskar42

Sorry to mislead this conversation a bit. I was merely stating my thoughts on a price here, but I'm not interested in getting an unit at the moment. I'm from the Netherlands, and it looks like Lynx stuff is being sold more expensive here. A quick look on Ebay shows that my $100 is way too much and $50 is closer to an honest deal when living in the US.

Boxes and guides are important to collectors and would make a better price (I never understood why people throw away that stuff...). Loose carts are practically worth nothing when selling them to a 2nd hand shop. I've been offered 50 cents for some loose carts I have double when I tried to sell them in such shops.

I paid 80 for mine with no games from a classic game store, called McVans, opened in the late 80's. There original store has a giant pac-man on the front along the door, actually supports the overhang for the entrance.

i remember mcvans - they used to advertise in comicbooks , i ordered all kinds of stuf from them.

i think they're still around.

post-7438-0-38852900-1305225282_thumb.gif

Yep that is the store, they are still open. That one is actually located in Fort Wayne, IN where I go to college. Go there on my free time when I am not studying.

i remember mcvans - they used to advertise in comicbooks , i ordered all kinds of stuf from them.

i think they're still around.

post-7438-0-38852900-1305225282_thumb.gif

Yep that is the store, they are still open. That one is actually located in Fort Wayne, IN where I go to college. Go there on my free time when I am not studying.

Oh McVanns, the store that wants $100 for Cybermorph for the Jaguar!

• 4 weeks later...