IGNORED

Atari Age Haul Thread

When I first joined here I was pretty surprised to find that there was no thread for general pickups/buys. Sure we have a thread for thrift finds, but because not everything we buy is found at a thrift store, I figured I'd make a thread for general gaming related buys. Whether its online, at a local gaming store, Best Buy, Craigslist, etc.

Here we go!

2rmqohs.jpg

Panasonic 3do with controllers

Sega 32X

NES

Xbox 360 controller

Misc games

All for 21 dollars at a local game store. icon_smile.gif

I find FFVII prices frustrating since it's a common game with a common greatest hits re-release.

Picked up a huge haul at Toomanygames. Panel de Pon SFC complete for 25, Defender Intellivision, Trick Shot 2600, and Wizard of Wor 2600 for 5, Atari 800 disks for 25 cents each (MULE, Super Boulderdash, Archon II, and Cross Country Road Race), Star Raiders 2 800 for 8 dollars, Midnight Magic 800 for 9 dollars, Duck Tales NES, Mash 2600, Gorf 2600, AD&D Intellivision, and Flashback Genesis (doh, posted Flashback 2 by mistake, but this is the game Flashback, not the thing with built in games) together for 9 dollars, Hal Wrestling GB for 3, Xevious and Jackal NES for 5, Kid Dracula Famicom for 20, Pressure Cooker 2600 for 6 or 7, Spider Fighter 2600 for 4, Turmoil 2600 for 5, and I got trade ins at a couple places (mostly commons I had multiple copies of). Mostly loose, but AD&D and Panel de Pon were complete (AD&D had the overlays, as well as box and manual).

I also got a new Blackberry Bold 9780 at the T-Mobile booth. Much better than my previous phone. Picked up a neat pixel art Bob from Bubble Bobble for my mom.

Atari 800 disks

Edited by BrianC

Atari 2600 woody console with 19 Games and joysticks for $41 off of eBay. I can't believe I saw this and didn't even have a minor bidding war. You will understand why when you see what's in the picture (and no...it's not the joystick missing its' boot):

post-29022-0-37662900-1305200829_thumb.png

post-29022-0-20735200-1305200845_thumb.png

I always wanted a T-handle for my collection!!!

• Like 3

Atari 2600 woody console with 19 Games and joysticks for $41 off of eBay. I can't believe I saw this and didn't even have a minor bidding war. You will understand why when you see what's in the picture (and no...it's not the joystick missing its' boot):

Wow I couldn't even see the T-handle in the way way back! Nice find!

Picked this up today for seven bucks at a local gaming store for 7 bucks.

25tkbhs.jpg

• Like 1

Wow I couldn't even see the T-handle in the way way back! Nice find!

Picked this up today for seven bucks at a local gaming store for 7 bucks.

25tkbhs.jpg

Wow! I never even knew that existed! How is the game play? I didn't own an original Xbox till recently.

Got a boxed Atari 810 disc drive and a loose 1050 Disc drive for free at a computer meet last weekend. They both work!!

Bought a Dreamcast+hookups+2 games for £15 from the same show. Wish I had picked up the Dreamcast arcade stick at the same time :(

Most of the stuff I pick up is @ thrift stores, but I just picked up a NES-themed clock for $2 at a local flea market. And here are a few other recent buys:

Mayhaul.jpg

Taito Legends & Geometry Wars: $12 /ea

Contra Hard Corps: $4

Robocop vs Terminator: $5

And the 360...I have had my 2007-build 360 for a few years now, and breakdowns have been becoming quite common. I believe I've had to fix it 5 times now. So...out with the old, and in with the new. And bonus: I won a $110 gift card @ work, so that defrayed the cost of it quite a bit. :D

-Rob

-Rob

Edited by theredlineboss
  • Like 1

For only 6 euro's at a local shop, i picked up a vectrex in pristine condition, only had to swap out 1 spring inside the controller. Almost no buzzing sound. With 2x minestorm overlay, 1x boxed spike with manual and overlay, 1x boxed hyperchase with manual and overlay, 1x boxed Bezerk with overlay and 1x boxed soccer with overlay. The boxes are in bad shape, but the overlays are fine.

In addition to some badly needed dust covers for my NES library I picked up a stack of (mostly common) games that I didn't have

Captain Skyhawk

Jaws

Little Nemo: The Dream Master

Castlevania

Punch-Out

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game

3-D World Runner

Snake Rattle n' Roll

Fester's Quest

The seller combined shipping on everything for a pretty nice discount too.

Of course I bought so many games that I don't think I'll have enough dust covers for my current collection now but oh well ;)

Just received in the mail yesterday the following:

Colecovision

Atari Expansion module

Multiple Coleco carts including

Squish 'Em Sam

BC Quest for Tires

Nova Blast

War Room

Miner 2049er

Many other CVision & 2600 games all with instructions.

and the real reason for the purchase:

Kid Vid Cassette recorder, cables, Smurf Saves the Day & all 3 tapes in perfect condition (with instructions to all)

Starpath Supercharger

8 Supercharger games in perfect shape including Frogger and Party Mix (with instructions for all!)

I paid a little more than I typically spend for my hobby these days, but added several new items to my collection. Very happy about that.

Edited by Atari_Bill

I just picked up Video Reflex and Video Jogger by Exus for $99 combined (thanks for pointing that one out CPIWIZ). They just arrived today! Now, I just need to find me one of those pesky Foot Craz activity pads!!!