IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

As far as videogame type stuff goes, I bought Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective vol. 1 and Compton's Multimedia Encyclopedia, both for the Memorex VIS, $2.92 each. On the non-videogame front, I bought a CD by comedian Carlos Mencia, and oddly enough, an unopened National Geographic Candy Chemistry Lab kit, which lets kids learn science while making things like rock candy, bubble gum, lollipops, and root beer. My sister teaches school, so her kids should love it.

One hundred pages in the Thrift Finds Thread. Cheers, everyone!

Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!! 100 :D

I finaly got back to Milton about 2 weeks ago only to find all the nes games where gone

and the Megadrive games were up to $25 :(

I found a lot of "Magic: the gathering" cards (a shoebox full) for $20 but had no money at the time.

A friend found a boxed C64 with monitor at a revolve center* for $5 but didn't pick it up for me

man I'v missed some good stuff over the past year :_(

*Revolve centers or tip shops are new places I'v found to find "really" cheap stuff.

go to your local garbage dump and see if they have one. I picked up a 486 laptop for $4 and was playing my old dos games until I broke the monitor ....

Nice one, I have yet to get a boxed 2600.

Picked up today at Goodwill:

Genesis/ Sega CD combo, no cables, and the Genesis ended up having controller port problems.

Genesis Pitfall

Sega CD Dragon's Lair

They had a bunch of other Genny and Sega CD games but they were $4 each and I didn't have much cash. :x

Hit the local flea market, picked up Sonic Labrynth and Phantom 2040 for the Game Gear, $2.50 each. An unopened Space Channel 5 Ulala action figure, $2, and a pirated Bablyon 5 "Bubble Buddy" for $1. I also bought a pink Famiclone called Dr. Boy, that's built into a Gameboy looking body, and there's a Famicom cart slot on a converter cart. It came with a Gameboy size multicart that fits into the cart slot. And the LCD screen plays some really weird cheezy game.

At another booth I found an Odyssey2 game, Nimble Numbers Ned!, and a View-Master Interactive Vision game console. It was a game system that used videotapes for media instead of cartridges. Luckily, i've got a Sesame Street videotape that's made for the system. And the InteractiveVision has a great looking controller!

post-3845-1130705266_thumb.jpg

Edited by SteveW

Hit a few thrifts this Saturday. Chanced upon a loose VCS 4-switch woody for $5 at GW. Looked around for anything related and came up empty.

It had one pin bent on the right controller port -- fixed in seconds with a pair of needle nose -- otherwise seems fine.

I found a pretty nice Genesis set with maybe 10-12 games and 4 controllers. It was at a Goodwill and they were having a half-price sale, so I got the box for $10. Not sure I would have paid $20 for it (original price), but it was tough to say no for $10. Now I have to find my Toejam and Earl cart.

Picked up California Speed for N64 at Salvation Army.

They have been raising thier prices lately. I used to pay $.50 for a game or controller no matter what console it was, now they have raised the price to $1.50 each. Consoles used to be $4.50 now they are $9.50, oh well, I guess it couldn't last forever.

before coming home from work tonight I decided to hit a few goodwill stores. This time I didn't find much that I didn't have.. didn't find much at all, but what I did find was pretty good.

DKC and DKC2 for SNES $2.99 each

boxed Wicco Command track ball with cardboard inserts and paperwork.. in sweet condition... $5.99

A dark green Bell & Howell tape recorder I have a weird reason for picking it up...but whatever.... it was $4.99 and works well... and is in pretty good shape too.

Couple of boxes of unused HD 3.5" floppies at $1.99 each.

post-210-1130836401_thumb.jpg

went to a flea market last weekend, found a 5200 VCS adaptor, and also a 5200 trackball, no prices, offered them $10 for the both, and was told they couldn't sell them for less than $20, and in as-is condition. Of course, this is the same stock as has been around there for the past 6 months, and will be there for a long time after my visit. Do people just not want to do business or something?????? $10 might be on the low side, but untested, as is?

Various things...

10 ft. Cat 5e network cable    $5

Resident Evil Apoch DVD        $8

Supra Express modem          $0

958064[/snapback]

no offence.. but I really wouldn't pay $5 for ten foot of cat5. I would however.. punk out up to $50 for a real of cat5, crimper, and connectors

Picked up a boxed 7800 yesterday at a consignment shop for $12. It was marked $20, but I got the lady to reduce the price because it was missing the cord to connect it to the tv. It also had 2 sets of paddles, both pro joysticks, and 8 games (all 2600) :sad: Still a great deal. I also picked up a SNES system with about 12 games for $20 at a garage sale. Today at a small flea market I grabbed Genesis games Ms. Pacman & Quackshot both CIB for $2.50 each. I passed on a CIB Star Raiders & Stampede for the 2600 and also passed on boxed 32X & Sega CD systems for $20 each.

Boxed BallBlazer (7800), Ms. Pac-Man (2600), and Crossbow (2600) ALL sealed in the original box. Paid $24 for all of them, thinking of re-selling them on eBay or something. Also got a nice Wico "The Boss" joystick for $3. The booth I went to "Game Trader" had several other boxed Atari 2600 and 7800 games such as "Solaris", "Gravitar", "Tower Toppler", and "Hat Trick" either in the box or still sealed. They also had loose "James Bond 007", "Kung-Fu Master", and "Title Match Pro Wrestling" as well.