IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Here are my finds o' the weekend:

Nether World Colletibles (a buck a piece)

-----------------------------------------------

Loose 2600:

Adventure

Dig Dug

Maze Craze (pic)

Solaris (red w/b& w)

Sky Jinks

Spider Fighter

Lock 'n' Chase

Frogs and Flies

Armor Ambush

International Soccer

Super Challenge Football

Loose 7800:

Pole Position II

Movies and Music (two bucks a piece)

-------------------------------------------

Keystone Kapers (2600)

Asteroids (7800)

Nintendo World

-----------------

Gorf

Frostbite

Ms. Pac-Man

Demons to Diamonds

Street Racer

Tac-Scan

Plaque Attack

Atlantis

Carnival

Space Jockey

These carts were all marked 4.99 each -- I managed to get him down to 3.99 but it was still a bit of a rip-off. However, I needed these for my collection and it would cost as much with shipping to get them to my island home on eBay so...I went for it! Had some extra cash and Atari games are REALLY hard to come by here these days. This was the best weekend I've had thrifting for Atari carts in YEARS!

A cartridge case for 4.99 as well! Holds 10 carts and slot for manuals. I already have three of these so finding a fourth was awesome!

Rory

Edited by rorysl

I had a good day at the local flea market yesterday...

Cutey Suzuki Ringside Angel (MD-J) $3 (back side had its corners sawed off to fit in a Genesis)

N64 Worms Armageddon $12 (yeah, I know this is a bit more than I usually like to pay for carts, but...)

N64 Chamelon Twist 2 $10 (...Worms Armageddon is rare AND I hear it's good, and the label on the other one attracted my interest)

N64 NFL Blitz 2000 shrinkwrapped $5 (not sure if these are original shrinkwrap...)

N64 Star Soldier Vanishing Earth $5 (...will compare against four others I should have at home)

And at the Goodwill computer store:

Sharp PDA sync base $5 (I'm pretty sure this is the Zaurus base)

Land of Illusion w/ Mickey Mouse (GG) $1

Sonic Spinball (GG) $1

Mortal Kombat (GG) $1 (I'll buy almost any game I don't already have for a dollar)

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I had a good day at the local flea market yesterday...

N64 Worms Armageddon $12 (yeah, I know this is a bit more than I usually like to pay for carts, but...)

i been looking for that one for ages. sells on Half.com cart only for about $50, nice score!

-Jubal-

At various thrifts over the last weeK:

Bought:

Two 5200 Wico's $6 each prompted me to start bidding on working 5200's with flaky controllers.

Some non sports Genny carts $1 each

5200 Jungle hunt cart $2.00

Passed up:

Two Genny II's $2.99 ea (I see these everywhere)

NES with about 10 games $49 (goodwill scottsdale overprices stuff)

Various NES and Genny titles $1-2 each.

PSone's and old playstations also abound.

5200 Baseball $2.00

Edited by Zonie

Not really a thrift find, but while mall shopping with my sister and niece, I came across a weird electronic ping-pong game. It's kind of like the Xavix GamePort, except it only plays ping-pong. You swing the included paddles when the ball comes toward you on screen, and you can hit the ball back in virtual space. It was being sold in an import furniture store, in the far back on a 50% off shelf. Only cost me $8.03 after tax.

And while at the mall, I played one of those redemption crane machines, and won a 25th Anniversary stuffed Pac-Man. :cool: They also had a couple of the ghosts, but I didn't have enough cash on me to get them.

not exactly thrift.. but I FOUND a 27" sanyo Television in the trash!

thing works fine..

only draw back is.. well.. its fucking huge and only has and RF input

I also found a philips DVD VCR combo along with it, also working fine.. well, except the fact that it needs a remote for functionality..

and damage to the DVD/VCR makes it look like it was yanked out of where it was at..

so.. this is most likely the result of a couple of burglers saying " this things too fucking heavy.. lets ditch it"

my find today at the second hand shops was a

Timex Sinclair 1000

paid $2, has manual, box, styrofoam, powersupply, RF cable and switch it looks nice and minty.

My family bought one of these around 1985, bust have been on discount. it was our first "computer". the thing uses a casette deck as a memory storage. never could get the thing to run the chess program that came with it beyond 3 or so moves heh

I need to hunt down a software library for it, I imagine (hoping) it can be had somewhere in mp3 format

the thing is so small, it looks like it was created to be made portable...

gonna surf Ben Heckendorn's site for some ideas

-Jubal-

Oh, and all that BeerGnome needs is a $10 universal remote to get the free DVD to play nice with his free TV, right?

1026819[/snapback]

There's a 99¢ Only store around here that I got two universal remotes from. Although cheaply made, they work on up to four devices and I'm using them successfully on an RCA TV, a Sony DVD and VCR. I actually spent more on batteries for them.

Good stuff today. First I go by the nearby Goodwill on the way back from lunch and they've marked some 2600 games at 50 cents. It's a good thing 2600 Commando was one of them or I wouldn't have noticed! (they were behind glass and stacked so you couldn't see the price stickers)

Commando, Cruise Missile (Froggo), Robot Tank blue label, Boxing blue label, Enduro blue label, Demons to Diamonds 1986, and I also picked up a regular River Raid and Decathlon just because.

Then I start to drive off and stop when I remember to check out the Salvation Army store next door. For $1.50 each, I got five PS1 discs. GTA2 Collector's Edition (I already had the regular edition), Jampack Summer 2K (I already had that one, too), WWF War Zone, 007 TWINE, and GTA London Expansion Collector's Edition. Apparently GTA London isn't too common, and a quick check of ebay shows a lot of copies in the UK (duh), and ones that go for cheap, but with excessive shipping charges.

After work I hit the GW salvage store, where I found a bare disc of Tony Hawk Pro Skater PS1 for $1.50.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

Oh, and all that BeerGnome needs is a $10 universal remote to get the free DVD to play nice with his free TV, right?

1026819[/snapback]

There's a 99¢ Only store around here that I got two universal remotes from. Although cheaply made, they work on up to four devices and I'm using them successfully on an RCA TV, a Sony DVD and VCR. I actually spent more on batteries for them.

1027199[/snapback]

so no one cares that these things might be the ditched remenants of someones shattered security and life huh?

COOL!

oh.. I know all about the universals.. I got a fiew lying around actually.. Hell.. i think I even got a wristwatch that will do the same thing.

I'm actually more concerened with replacing the snapped off Coaxial output on the thing.

the way it looks.. i could probaly just shove a co-ax barral junction up in there and be fat and happy to make it work with this particualar television..

like I said.. nice and big.. pictures great.. only RF in..

so thats why I'm figureing these guys are related.. they got the VCR/DVD combo to hook up to the RF only television

I am in Denver on business and decided to hit the Game Force stores mentioned in the other thread and found out that there are about 6 Game Force stores still in business here in the Denver area. There is even a new one in Boulder that I haven't gone to yet. But I did manage to score some pretty decent deals at the three I have managed to hit so far since I have been here.

The best finds were at the one in Broomfield. At that Game Force I found the following:

2600 carts:

Planet Patrol (Excellent condition overall)

Bermuda Triangle (Crap game...but near mint shape)

Space Cavern (First one I have seen in the wild myself and in good shape)

Mogul Maniac (Only the 2nd one I have found in the wild and in really good shape)

7800 game: Cracked. not rare...no..but first one I have seen in the wild and it was only a buck and I didn't have it yet.

Genesis:

Dashin' Desperadoes (Not rare...but I never find in excellent condition)

Young Indy Jones: Instruments of Chaos (Only found one other in wild and this one was in excellent shape!)

Space Invaders '91 (Fairly rare and in excellent shape...I had to grab it!)

I have found some other decent things...such as I finally scored a Telly Turtle for the CV for $2 loose which was the first one I had seen in the wild.

Checked a bunch of thrifts today. Nothing there, but picked up PS1 Darkstalkers in the longbox at Gamestop. Box is a little rough, but I rarely see longboxes in the wild.

Edited by Wester

Went by the Odds & Ends Antique Store today. It's one of those 'flea market stores that can afford an actual storefront' sort of thrift stores in the GNO area that go around calling themselves "antique stores".

I had been talking with SteveW about a system I found in there...

...an actual Odyssey system. An original Odyssey system on the electronics shelf in the back of the store.

The place was getting a new roof for the longest time, but it's open for business now.

And the Odyssey system is gone. The owner doesn't remember selling it, though it had been about a year since I last been in the place. Then again, he doesn't remember having an Odyssey system either. My guess is that his wife sold it one day when she was minding the shop. According to him, she does bring in merchandise to the place.

Anyway, I did get something there: a Radio Shack Electronic TV Scoreboard (a Radio Shack pong-clone dedicated console). Needs a new TV-antenna switch at the very least.

But...man...I feel like calling in Cardinals Fang and Biggles, putting SteveW into the comfy chair, and poking him with the soft cushions. :D

CONFESS, STEVEW!!! YOU BOUGHT THE ODYSSEY SYSTEM, DIDN'T YOU?

You won't confess? Cardinal Biggles...give the rack.........give the rack...a turn.

Seriously, SteveW, if you want the console, contact me.

Aw man, it's a real shame that they sold it off. An Odyssey would have been a really great piece for a collection. A real piece of videogaming history. Earlier at work, I was thinking of sending you a PM and see if you picked it up. I'm sad now. :sad:

I don't need the Electronic Scoreboard. I've got six or seven Pong consoles, including a Radio Shack one (it might be that very model), and i've gotten to the saturation point on them. I know from Pong-Story.com that there were Pong machines with built-in tank games, and motorcycle games, and a few other game variations, but I haven't found any in the wild. Those are about the only ones i'd pick up now, since they offer something other than the standard 4 pong games with normal consoles. Thanks anyway.

Edited by SteveW

Did a little thrifting today. I bought a copy of Sonic Shuffle for the Dreamcast (with NOT FOR RESALE on the disc and jewel case) for $2.92, a copy of Rat Attack! for the PS1 (which I just untaped and opened to discover there's no disc inside! Dammit! :x ) for $7.87, and shrinkwrapped/factory sealed copies of Fable and Hunter The Reckoning: Redeemer for the Xbox, $12.51 each.

I doubt that the store will give me my money back for the empty game. I can't believe I didn't realise the case was empty. It feels nearly the same weight as a full CD case. I should have known.... anything that's not a sports title will invariably be stolen from the place. Every opportunity I get I check the disc inside, because they have a bad habit of putting anything into a jewel case there. I trusted that they would make sure there was something inside the case before taping it shut. Screwed again. :sad:

Went to my videostore to rent a dvd, they where outselling there old ps1, n64 games, picked up

FF IX for ps1 for 5 euro,

Namcon GCon 45 for 5 euro

Man that Gcon is way better then my imitation light gun i used before. It's more accurad.

Saddly i found out that one of my local gamestores had clossed because trouble with the tax officers.

Used to go there a lot because it was easy to get there when i was at work.

Picked up a few game by a other game collector living nearby.

A really nice guy picked up:

Videopac Speurtocht naar de ringen (quest for the rings) mint condition, all parts where still sealed.

Q-bert and Super Cobra boxed with all the extra's in there and Turtles.

Batman returns for the Lynx

Cosmic avenger for Colecovision

Didn't have anything to swap with him, his collection is way,way bigger then mine, so i bought it from him.