IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Hey...I found a Fairchild system complete in box today at a thrift store for $15...should I get it? Is it worth that much? I'm not familiar with the system, it's the black box with the rainbow on the left with all the people who look WAY too excited, lol.

Er...this thread is so huge, if y'all reply I hope I find your post. :P

BUY IT!!!!!!! A boxed one can easily get over $100 on ebay. You are so lucky!

I decided to get it on kitsch value alone - the box is AWESOME. Anyways I went back there to pick it up and it had a label on it that said "extra parts" which usually means like, a remote or more cords or something that's kept in the back. It was obviously complete, and even came with one game (also in its box, stuffed inside) so I didn't know what the "extra parts" could be...until the guy came back out with 11 more games, lol. So I got a system 1 Fairchild channel F with 12 carts for like, 17 dollars after tax. I don't care if it's worth anything or not, it works perfectly and the games are a hoot. Plus everything, games included, came with its original packaging - even the chamois - and a "special notice" about the system being set to channel 4 is taped to the inside of the console. Here's a couple of the pics I took.

post-19336-1210041985_thumb.jpg

post-19336-1210042030_thumb.jpg

Picked up Super Mario Bros. and Wrecking Crew today for the NES for $5 for both.I keep the SMB for myself and gave Wrecking Crew to my best friend who was looking for a copy of it. :)

Also got a free NES Advantage Joystick controller which turns out the A and B buttons don't work. :(

I spotted a copy of High Speed pinball w/manual for the NES as well for $5 but i wasn't for sure if i would like it or not so i skipped but i might go back and get it after i look up some info on it.

Edited by jboypacman

Also got a free NES Advantage Joystick controller which turns out the A and B buttons don't work. :(

Open it up and give it a look. They're pretty simple inside and it could be that they're just stuck or something. It's easy and it's worth a shot!

(you'll have to pry off the rubber feet to get at all the screws)

I decided to get it on kitsch value alone - the box is AWESOME. Anyways I went back there to pick it up and it had a label on it that said "extra parts" which usually means like, a remote or more cords or something that's kept in the back. It was obviously complete, and even came with one game (also in its box, stuffed inside) so I didn't know what the "extra parts" could be...until the guy came back out with 11 more games, lol. So I got a system 1 Fairchild channel F with 12 carts for like, 17 dollars after tax. I don't care if it's worth anything or not, it works perfectly and the games are a hoot. Plus everything, games included, came with its original packaging - even the chamois - and a "special notice" about the system being set to channel 4 is taped to the inside of the console. Here's a couple of the pics I took.
thats an awesome find.congrats!!

Not a thrift find exactly, but I got my first Nintendo DS tonight from someone on Craigslist.

Really nice shape black DS light, complete in box and still has 1 year left on a Best Buy replacement plan!

also got the following games all complete in box

Mariokart DS

New Super Mario Bros.

and

Pokemon Pearl

Total $90.00

:)

Some of my recent finds,

Sega Mega Drive cart Elemental Master .99

Sega Mega Drive cart Phelios .99

Sega Dreamcast Space Channel 5 3.00

Softstar Ranma 5 1/4" floppy disc set 3.00

SSI Rings of Zilfin for Apple II sealed box .98

Edited by raregamer

fantastic deal edwierd theres a Gc @ my goodwill for 30 bucks

those gc games u got are gr8 even better mario 64

that 1 alone is worth over 20 bucks buddy :)

Yeah when my wife showed me the 64 game I said get it. I have been looking for it and dont want to pay the outrageous prices that the want at the used game stores.