IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Sheesh, will you look at this? An old console with no power supply, no games, no TV hook-up, and the controllers are for the wrong system!

Oh well, I guess I'll take it.

post-6115-1232947055_thumb.jpg

The track-ball needs a good cleaning, but otherwise it all works. This is now my spare 5200, so, I'm happy. :)

Good day to be a Dreamcast owner for me.

• Dreamcast Controller, Sega, used, fair condition
  • Agetec Dreamcast Arcade Stick, used, like-new condition
  • 2 Dreamcast VMU units (Sega brand), used, good and great condition
  • Dreamcast Gameshark (GS unit only, no disc), poor condition
  • Dreamcast TremorPak controller module, used, fair condition
  • Starcraft Battle Chest, no box, everything else (PC), like-new condition on discs and books
  • Tenchu (PS1), complete, good cond., case fair cond.
  • Parasite Eve (PS1), complete, good cond., case fair cond.
  • Age of Empires - Collector's Edition (PC), complete, good cond.
  • Age of Mythology (PC), good cond.

All of these goodies for $10.

And I'm absolutely loving this arcade stick w/ Ikaruga. Best arcade stick I've ever seen for any machine! :D

Edited by rockman_x_2002

Well, none of these really came from thrift stores, but what the hell, I'll post them up anyway!

From a bunch of FYE's going out of business around here:

-Clubhouse Games for the DS (the original one, not the remake) $10

-Viewtiful Joe 2, GC, $2

-Viewtiful Joe, PS2, $4

-Baten Kaitos Origins, GC, $2.50

-WarioWare Twisted, GBA, $10

-Assassin's Creed for Xbox 360, $11

-Need For Speed Pro Street, Xbox 360, $8

-Flipnic Pinball, PS2, $2.50

-Scurge:Hive DS, $2

-Star Trek Encounters, PS2, $2.50

-Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn, Wii, $10

-Batallion Wars 2, Wii, $10

-Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, Xbox, $5

-Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law, PSP, $5

From a few KB Toy Stores also going out of business:

-Gradius V, PS2, $7

-Hot Shots Golf 3, PS2, $5

-Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2, PS2, $5

-Taito Legends Power Up, PSP, $5

-Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, DS, $5

From Play N Trade:

-Metroid Zero Mission, GBA, in the box for $10

-Double Strike for the NES, $5

-Gradius Collection for the PSP, $12

And my Ebay score of the week: A boxed Intellivision console for $8.99!!! :D

I've been looking for an affordable Intellivision for quite a while, and I just couldn't pass this one up. It is boxed, but the box is in rough shape. It has both controllers, but nothing else. Do these have an external power supply? Does it hook up to the TV like most of the other systems of the day? I also have to get some games for it to test it out.

Yeah, sorry... I tried to dress up the photo for the website. There are more pics there if you want to see - I can also upload more here if you want. It's just such a weird shape that it's hard to capture that without it just looking like a regular TV from a weird angle. It's also quite large, which of course my zany picture doesn't really make clear. It's got to be a 22 or 25" TV I think...

Here are a few pics of that oddball Sharp TV I wrote up a few posts back. I also did a post about it at Retro Thing. Sadly, these aren't the best pics (it was damned cold in the basement that night!). Any ideas what this thing could be? Thanks!

With all this TV buy talk I went ahead and hit up my local Goodwill and I found a 27" Sony Trinitron TV (CRT) for a measly 30.00 its quite an upgrade from my 19" TV

So next time your in a thrift make sure to look at the TV section you might just find a gem

Today at Goodwill:

PS1 Final Fantasy VII, Original (non-greatest hits) Complete and Near Mint. $3

PS1 Legend of Dragoon, Complete and Near Mint $3

That's the first good find I've had in awhile.

Tim :)

Excellent find there with FVII. The vintage stores around here usually sell that for around $50-$60. I have never figured out why. Weren't those made by the truck load even before the greatest hits version.

Thrifting is all but dead in the Pittsburgh area. The Goodwills around here have nothing.

My wife had a coupon for Value Village that if you spend $50 you get half off so I picked up a few goodies:

Atari 2600:

Dolphin

Miniature Golf

Realsports Boxing

$1 each

PC games:

X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter

Balance of Power expansion Pack for above

Rogue Squadron 3D

$1.50 each

Genesis Power Clutch SG joystick

$1.50

sticky heavy sixer: 4$ (took an hour to clean.) :cool:

secret of mana: 1$

i saw the sixer on the ground on the flea market. i bought it for 4$, yay. but it was tangled with 2 other wires, which were stuck to a little plastic tray that had some type of super adhesive on it. a cloth was on top of the mess. it too 10 minutes to un-tangle and get off the tray. then an hour to clean it.... :o

post-16769-1233631250_thumb.jpg

Not too bad, eh?! People are still pulling this stuff out of their closets!

Desert Fox/Shooting Gallery

Video Blackjack

Space War

Drag Race

Robot War/Torpedo Alley

Sonar Search

I was surprised to find that it works! The power cable in back where it goes into the unit is a little wonky, but I can fix that up. The controller cables are extremely twisted, which I guess is common with these, but they work, so I'm pretty happy about this one. Oh yeah, it's missing the plastic cover that goes over the controller storage area, bummer.

Edited by Mirage1972

Was at a Flea Market awhile back and saw a lady selling a Sega Master System with various parts and games all tossed in the bag.

Most of it looked beat up but there was a CIB near mint copy of Phantasy Star in there. When she got it her kid didn't like it so it was never played.

She sold it to me by itself for $3

OMG on the Channel F. I was just going through my stuff and found some boxed Arcadia Games that I bought years ago. I was thinking of selling them off since I'll never find an Arcadia for cheap... but now I think that I'll hold out a little longer. Did you get a good price on the Channel F? I'm wondering what one of those might go for these days in the wild...

my recent finds...

$15 - Dreamcast console, 4 controllers, 2 mem cards

$9 - Genesis 1 with CD console that fits underneath (always loved the look of it!)

left behind a $75 Xbox with no cables and a $60 game cube. GC's are half of that in a used store including a controller and a guarantee.

Well, as we all know, this sort of old junk can vary wildly on the prices randomly. The thrifts just don't know how to price a lot of it, and it depends who is pricing it, the mood they're in, and the alignment of the planets. It was at a thrift store in Milwaukee, much farther away than I normally go (I live about 20-25 minutes from downtown, not actually in Milwaukee). This particular store is quite run down and dirty, even for a thrift store, and it's only the second time I've ever been there. I don't even remember the name off hand (it's not Goodwill or SA, it was something weird like Thrift Mart or Thrift World).

I think someone had just brought it in, as it was all in a box on the counter. I asked how much, and the girl said "how about 5 bucks". I didn't even look through it, just bought it. 2 of the games are missing the end labels, the others were either attached, or loose in the bag. Since it works, it was an even better deal. The first time I went to this store, I got 2 5.25" disk holders, pretty nice ones, for 50 cents each. I think maybe I'll go there again sometime.

Edited by Mirage1972