Happy_Dude

Today's finds:

• 42" Plasma Monitor for $29.99
  • Artillery Duel (2600) for $2.99
  • Kaboom (2600) for $2.99
  • Mouse Trap (Coleco) for $2.99
  • Xbox 360 controller (official) for $2.99

HOW THE ****!?!?!?!?

I dunno, but I bought a Powerball and Arizona lottery ticket with the numbers 2 and 9 in them... just in case. :D

Last week, I was wandering through the side streets of Lower Manhattan, not far from Union Square. While wandering around, I passed by a video game store called Play'N Trade. At first, I was going to just walk by, thinking it was another game store. Then, an old Atari VCS box in the window caught my attention. Intrigued, I wandered in. Yes, they had two plastic bins in front of the store with old Atari 2600 cartridges!

I grabbed Pitfall II: The Lost Caverns, Fishing Derby, and Surround. In addition to Atari titles, they also carry a lot of the newer platforms and some more retro consoles like NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, etc.

Anyone who's interested - the store is called Play'N Trade and it's located at 137 East 13th Street in Manhattan, New York (between 3rd and 4th Avenue). I may have to go back there!

Edited by 7800Lover

Last week, I was wandering through the side streets of Lower Manhattan, not far from Union Square. While wandering around, I passed by a video game store called Play'N Trade. At first, I was going to just walk by, thinking it was another game store. Then, an old Atari VCS box in the window caught my attention. Intrigued, I wandered in. Yes, they had two plastic bins in front of the store with old Atari 2600 cartridges!

I grabbed Pitfall II: The Lost Caverns, Fishing Derby, and Surround. In addition to Atari titles, they also carry a lot of the newer platforms and some more retro consoles like NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, etc.

Anyone who's interested - the store is called Play'N Trade and it's located at 137 East 13th Street in Manhattan, New York (between 3rd and 4th Avenue). I may have to go back there!

You'll find that a lot of people know about Play'n Trade. I personally hate the chain, whenever I go to one they have games like Combat for $5.

They're all over Long Island but none in Nassau county for some reason. They all have great prices but if you are looking for Dreamcast games or any for of hardware, stay FAR away from Sayville. They wanted $25 for Sega GT last time I went. Oh and $90 for an NES with 1 controller. I asked why so much and the lady said "that's the going price". I laughed and walked out. There's also a bunch in Pennsylvania and Connecticut but I haven't been to them yet.

Edited by STICH666

You'll find that a lot of people know about Play'n Trade. I personally hate the chain, whenever I go to one they have games like Combat for $5.

As far as I know, Play 'n' Trade is like Game Force, more of a franchise operation. I've had decent luck with the ones here in Colorado, but then, my purchase rate of 2600 carts has slowed down quite a bit the past couple of years.

As for my latest, I finally pulled the copy of the old Qbert board game out of my parents' place (only 1 piece missing), and one of my mom's sorority sisters got a framed poster of the Enterprise D from the first season of TNG from her work that they were just going to throw out.

As for my latest, I finally pulled the copy of the old Qbert board game out of my parents' place (only 1 piece missing), and one of my mom's sorority sisters got a framed poster of the Enterprise D from the first season of TNG from her work that they were just going to throw out.

That would fit right in at the Vintage Stock nearby. They have a table up front full of Star Trek items. Up until recently, it had a portrait of Counselor Troi in the gray and purple outfit. I could not make out the signature on it. It might have been Marina Sirtis's signature, but I just could not tell. It sold for $20.

Was out of town last week and came across a nice game store that actually had some 2600 titles that I didn't have!

Kool-Aid Man

Sorcerer

Jawbreaker

Star Fox

Fire Fly

Solar Fox

Mega Force

Double Dragon

Cross Force

Chine Syndrome

Got the lot for $70+tax. That's a bit more than I like to spend, but it's been so long since I've seen anything in the wild, I just went for it. Still, I think not a bad deal really for what I got. icon_smile.gif

Been dry for a bit, but I scored a complete 3DO system today.

That's an awesome deal. I would have happily paid that, but then I don't have a 3DO at the moment. Even if I did, I'd pay that just for the games or to re-sell the package if I already had them all.

Chris

I've always been interested in getting one, but not assembling it piecemeal. Since it has some roots in the Amiga (sort of) I followed its development with interest back then. I'm also always interested in systems that have some sort of music visualizer for playing CD's, and this one is pretty great.I'd probably say it's better than Playstation's...

Thanks for the good words, guys!

So I went to a couple of electronic parts suppliers yesterday in search of some parts for my modded C64 DTV -- neither one had even heard of a DIN-6 connector, much less having it in stock. (I don't have the cash for the SD card mod right now, so I'm adding an IEC port in the meantime.)

I went to a couple of the nearby thrifts yesterday in search of an old keyboard for it (without Windows keys) -- I found a decent one, and a few games that I didn't already have...

Genesis - Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi, in box w/manual (original release) $2.50

SNES - Final Fight $2.50

PSX - Tomb Raider, in case w/manual (Greatest Hits version) $3.50

NES - Dragon Warrior $2.99

NES - Pin Bot $2.99

NES - Puzznic $2.99 (kind of scarce, judging from eBay prices)

Nothing particularly rare, but finding an interesting selection of games I didn't already have, is what I consider a good day at the thrifts.

First time posting here. A couple weeks back, I too, was out of town, and came across what could best be described as an "out of the way" thrift store. Not a Goodwill or Savers or Salvation Army; the kind of place that you might think you only dreamed about. Looked like a dive, but on the inside, nicely laid out and clean. They even had a full sized Foosball table; the quality, bar kind. Anyway, didn't see any games until I was on my way out and something caught the corner of my eye...why it got bagged with two little girl journals I have yet to figure out.

First time posting here. A couple weeks back, I too, was out of town, and came across what could best be described as an "out of the way" thrift store. Not a Goodwill or Savers or Salvation Army; the kind of place that you might think you only dreamed about. Looked like a dive, but on the inside, nicely laid out and clean. They even had a full sized Foosball table; the quality, bar kind. Anyway, didn't see any games until I was on my way out and something caught the corner of my eye...why it got bagged with two little girl journals I have yet to figure out.

Well a journal is something that a little girl writes her thoughts, fears, and dreams in. Its also known as a "diary". They aren't hard to figure out, just take a pen and write down your most personal thoughts and keep it somewhere from prying eyes. icon_mrgreen.gif

In all seriousness, they probably associated "Beauty and the Beast" with the disney movie of the same name and figured it would be something a little girl would like.

Edited by AtariLeaf

Over the weekend, I hit up the local flea market which is usually hit or miss. It was mostly a miss, but I rounded out my Mega Man collection for the NES by buying Mega Man 4 loose from a vendor for $15. FWIW, the cart is absolutely mint. The connectors look brand new. I passed on Final Fantasy III for the SNES loose at $30 and boxed with everything but the instructions for $50. Not much else there this weekend.

Tonight, a friend of mine came through with an Atari Jaguar, which I've been hounding him about for years now. I got it with everything to hook it up, Cybermorph, Kasumi Ninja, one controller, and a Jag CD Memory Track cartridge, all for $30. I'm not sure if I overpaid, but a guy at the flea market had one in similar condition with 3 more games for $80, so I think I did ok. I haven't seen one in the wild until the one at the flea market popped up, so I have no clue if I got a good deal. What to you guys think?

This friend of mine also has 2 Virtual Boys, a 32X, and a bunch of SNES rpg's I've been trying to snag off of him since high school, and we graduated 10 years ago!

Over the weekend, I hit up the local flea market which is usually hit or miss. It was mostly a miss, but I rounded out my Mega Man collection for the NES by buying Mega Man 4 loose from a vendor for $15. FWIW, the cart is absolutely mint. The connectors look brand new. I passed on Final Fantasy III for the SNES loose at $30 and boxed with everything but the instructions for $50. Not much else there this weekend.

Tonight, a friend of mine came through with an Atari Jaguar, which I've been hounding him about for years now. I got it with everything to hook it up, Cybermorph, Kasumi Ninja, one controller, and a Jag CD Memory Track cartridge, all for $30. I'm not sure if I overpaid, but a guy at the flea market had one in similar condition with 3 more games for $80, so I think I did ok. I haven't seen one in the wild until the one at the flea market popped up, so I have no clue if I got a good deal. What to you guys think?

This friend of mine also has 2 Virtual Boys, a 32X, and a bunch of SNES rpg's I've been trying to snag off of him since high school, and we graduated 10 years ago!

Wow those are some reasonable prices for a flea market vendor.

Picked up a Genny Zombies Ate my Neighbors and ToeJam and Earl Funkotron game and a loose NES Qix. Also got a package on my doorstep. Mailman must have delivered it to the wrong address and that person returned it to me - CIB Xonox Chuck Norris/Artillery Duel.

You're lucky that it was returned to you. I had this happen with a neighbor, I found it 3 months later when I was over to their house. They said that they were "going" to return it. :roll:

Picked up a Genny Zombies Ate my Neighbors and ToeJam and Earl Funkotron game and a loose NES Qix. Also got a package on my doorstep. Mailman must have delivered it to the wrong address and that person returned it to me - CIB Xonox Chuck Norris/Artillery Duel.

You're lucky that it was returned to you. I had this happen with a neighbor, I found it 3 months later when I was over to their house. They said that they were "going" to return it. icon_rolleyes.gif

In the package or opened?

You're lucky that it was returned to you. I had this happen with a neighbor, I found it 3 months later when I was over to their house. They said that they were "going" to return it. icon_rolleyes.gif

In the package or opened?

They had opened the package by then. Luckily, it was just atari stuff, otherwise they may have sold it.

Edited by brandondwright