IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Bought a Capcom arcade stick for the Genesis, $7.99, Sonic 2/Sonic & Tails for the GameGear, $1.99, and the NES cartridges Paperboy, Rollergames, Trojan, and Legendary Wings, all $1.89 each. Also bought a sealed VHS copy of Monty Python's And Now For Something Completely Different for $2.89, and a barely used boxed Radio Shack Computerized Arcade "12 Games In One". It has 12 multicolor buttons, kind of like a Simon game. There's only one game guide in the box, for Baseball and Roulette (unopened bags of poker chips come with it), so I have no idea how to play the other games.

Well I went to some churge rummage sale today. I found these two old assed PC games, 'Virtua Fighter Remix' and 'Panzer Dragoon'. Neither work on my XP, no surprize there. Anyone know anything about them? It says 'not for resale' on both of them. I also found a 'Space Channel 5' for the DC still sealed for a buck. I knew it was dirt cheap, and I dont even have a DC, but whatever. They had some classic videogame stuff last year, I was dissapointed..

Did'nt find atari stuff but I did get some intellivision stuff

Beuty and the Beast

MotoCross

Masters of the Univers, The power of He-Man with overlay

Ice Trek

Kool-aid man with overlays

Tropical Trouble with overlays

Dracula

Frog Bog with overlay

Tron Deadly Discs with overlay

Utopia

Triple Action

Snafu with overlay

Space Armada

All for only $5 :D :D 8) 8)

For those in the columbus, OH area, I happened into a store today and they had an assortment of carts (NES, a Game Gear, SNES, Genesis, and some Sega CD stuff.) I almost bought the Seaga CD games, but got tired of waiting for the woman to finish BS'ing with people to show me and give me a price.

I don't know the area, but it was just off of 270 south of columbus, the exit after I-71 heading east. Was a shopping center just north of the exit and the place was called the Ohio thrift store (or something like that.) Sorry I'm not more specific, but I was frustrated because I was trying to get to Grove City and the construction messed me up.

I took a day off to go thrifting Monday, because I wanted to be in San Antonio that evening. Sunday I found a DC (no parts, just a Smash Pack disc inside it) for $13. I finally got to test it, and while it seems to be slow at reading CD-Rs (it took like a whole minute to boot a controller tester disc), it's otherwise in good shape.

Anyhow, I found lots of stuff Monday, lots of random cool stuff. Right away I found a Jakk's Namco for four bucks. Another big thing I found was a wastebasket full of K'nex for ten bucks, including a bunch of yellow glow-in-the-dark 8-inch sticks. I also found a Dreamcast keyboard for 2 bucks. Wow, only fifteen bucks for a TOTD costume! :-)

But the best find was probably a Zenith Space Commander 600 remote. One of the original "clicker" remotes, and at over 45 years old, an early technological antique.

Last night I got a Sega Genesis (the one that came with Sonic 2) in box with all manuals and the little game posters that many systems come with, all in the original plastic bags. The system is in mint condition. It doesn't even look like its been used. I also picked up Wrestle Mania, Gostbusters, and Sonic 1. I paid $25 for all. Not to shabby.

I picked up the following Genesis Games Today

Lotus II w/Box w/manual

Golden Axe II w/Box

Alien Storm w/Box

I wonder sometimes if these are good deals. At $5.00 a peice it makes me wonder about how good of a deal I got. Sure, with box and manual no problem, but without a manual. I could arque that if I order on-line unless I get a big lot it could easily run over $5.00 with s/h per game.

I guess I'm just a little old school. With retro stuff becomming the fad. Instead of getting a loose cart for .50 cent to 1.00 you pick it up for $3.00. and for something with a box and manual instead of 3.00 you get it for 5.00.

I did get a break this time. I had a coupon for $5.00 off so I only spent $10.00 + tax.

Oh well life goes on.

laters,

ussexplorer

Wandered off to a yard sale a couple of streets away this morning and picked up the following -:

NES +2 joypads + (wrong) power supply.

9 Carts -

Dr Mario x2

Zombie Nation

Star Voyager

Joust

Faxanadu

Snake, Rattle n Roll

Super Spike Volleyball

SMB/Duck Hunt (as usual)

All for CDN$10

I was a little worried when I got it home and noticed the power supply was a 16V, but they must have just shoved it beside the console and didn't bother testing it, because it works fine with the NES power supply I already have.

Saw a nearly perfectly mint Atari 2600 box (for a 4 Switch Woody) sitting near a guys truck today. I asked him how much it was and he said he wouldn't sell it. He then picked it up, and set it WITHIN a puddle of water soaking the box through. I nearly cried!

:sad:

I already have a boxed Vader... but that big boxed woody really had my hard beating there for a minute (cause the guy normally sells all Atari stuff really cheap)