IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

After months of not finding anything Atari. I found one Atari 2600 RF remote joystick. Looked almost new. This will go to replace one I have that is missing the battery cover and does not work properly. I did look all up and down for anything else in the thrift store but nothing. Perhaps some other guy picked up the rest. Brand new battery in it to for the most part.

Later,

ussexplorer

Hey raijin if the only thing keeping from the pcjr. is the monitor, the thrift here has one, pm me if intrested.

Today I found a box 12 games genisis games, a genesis, and a powerbase adaptor (cool!). $20.

I found ultima:exudus for $3.00, not the greatest deal, but it has a great label. The store also had about 50 other nes games, gonna have to go there.

Got a few more boxed NES games

Othello- $2

Heavy Shreddin'- $3

Rocketeer- $3

Castlevania 2- $3

Free empty Golf box 1st edition

Turbo Graffix 16 controller - $2

Where do you get all this stuff from! EVerytime I go to look at the finds, you have like 1 in 5 posts. Where do you live? I think I need to relocate myself.

You just have to keep looking. I used to get really put off of thrifting after not finding anything worthwhile for months, but then you find that one thing that'll encourage you to hit the thrifts more often. I used to check a few stores maybe once a month, but now i'll do the rounds at least every week, and sometimes twice a week. And there's a few stores that tend to have more videogame related stuff than others, so I go there all the time. I've found almost nothing in a Salvation Army store I visit all the time, but right down the street is a Thrift Town that almost always has something good in it. You've got to pick and choose which stores to hit more often.

Where do I live? Check my location. Where do I find all this stuff? There are lots of thrift stores, not to mention a few swapmeets around my area. It's funny becauseI spent most of the summer not looking for stuff because I was low in cash. That's why there is a big gap between groups of my posts up until now. Now I'm getting back on track. I should be posting lots more stuff, hopefully, for a while. When I make it a planed trip to the thrift stores, I always get some stuff. Sometimes I just see a store and stop by. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't.

That's a lot of yapping from me now.

:)

Am I lucky or what? I was searching for a Mac mouse for the IIgs I

picked up last week and I found a complete Mac 6400/200 system

with monitor and mouse keyboard... in almost mint condition and get

this an extra mouse! It run ver 8 of the Apple OS and it is a pretty

cool little (well actually big) computer. The price was right, FREE!!!

here is a picture:

I did a little thrifting while killing time before Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow started. I just bought some CDs at one store. I learned a lesson today. The next time I buy CDs in a thrift store, I have to check inside the case to see if the CDs match the cover. My Macross II Soundtrack turned out to have a Japanese import "Special CD-ROM" of Parasite Eve inside. It says 'not for sale' in English on it, so i'm guessing it's a magazine demo or something. A jewel case with the Playstation game Reloaded on the cover turned out to have the Mac version of Full Throttle in it. Luckily, I have a Mac. And the other CD was called Squeeze The Cheese, with a bunch of 80's songs on it. But instead, there was a copy of another 80's music CD, Living In Oblivion vol. 3. Also luckily, I don't have that one, and there were some good songs on it.

Free is allways nice... and I think you're just getting way too lucky with all this free stuff... anyway...

Speaking of getting Macs, a little while ago I picked up a PowerMac 9600/200 with 10/100T ethernet card for $15. It works fine... waiting on a monitor.. actually got one but had to return it cuz it was buggered up(scratched CRT and the image was ghosted ontop of itself)

I need to stop reading this thread.  :x

Huh?

If it makes you feel any better, my local Goodwill store applies packing tape liberally to all boxed games to make sure that manuals, disks, and cartridges aren't lost... It's very annoying... though I usually tend to be able to peel it off slowly withouth damage once in a while I tear the box or it pulls some of the ink off... and then there was that time where I grabbed some really old PC games and one C64 game, all boxed, asked them to slice the tape so I could check the contents... well.. all except for the C64 game had been opened and everything was there...well I got home and realized I missed opening the C64 one.. so I peeled the tape off and found out I paid $2 for an empty box :x

I've said it a hundred damn times, and plenty of other people have too.

"My local thrift stores suck, there's never anything good at them."

It doesn't bear repeating or reminding. >_<

Wow, can i make you feel better by letting you know that i picked up a complete performa 6400 and a complete power pc at my local thrifts? Not to mention the power cd. Ok, this is a while back, im waiting for a good priced g3

But more importantly i got zelda windwaker limited edition with majoras mask for $10

Found 1080 snowboarding (N64) for $5, boxed with manual and in great condition at EB of all places.

Also found Final Fantasy VI (PS with PS/2 FFX demo disk) for $8 ...... Still don't own a PS or PS/2 ;)

Picked up XGRA (GC) for $20.

And Metal Combat, Super Strike Gunner, Desert Fighter and SMW2 Yoshi's Island (SNES) for $5 each

Oh and I found a free mac not long ago too (I may have posted it before) :P

k maybe I do get stuff sometimes:

finnaly busted out the camera.I got this stuff within the last 2 weeks.

100_0809.jpg

Got the cassettes for free,

got the n64 boxes for free,

desert strike was $2,

paid $12 for the tmnt stuff (i just had to).

100_0808.jpg

Got the nintendo powers for free, (there are more to come soon)

Got the gameboy games from some lady at my freinds garage sale for free,

Got all the nes items in a trade with xenu,

game genie was $2 from goodwill,

n64 penny racers was free,

bookmark was free,

tmnt tournament fighters was $.50.

100_0807.jpg

Got megaman x in trade,

got the sonkey kong country games fom friendf for free,

mortal kombat from freind for free,

nes games in trade from xenu,

the dk and mikey stuffed things from st vinnies for .50 each,

the nes lending labels for a quarter,

the tmnt napkins for free,

the colecovision with the adapter for 2600 and the games for $20,

classic baseball for free,

and those gameboy boxes are only boxes.

wheh. Spent... $37.75.

Wow, can i make you feel better by letting you know that i picked up a complete performa 6400 and a complete power pc at my local thrifts? Not to mention the power cd. Ok, this is a while back, im waiting for a good priced g3

But more importantly i got zelda windwaker limited edition with majoras mask for $10

You may have already won a free Gameboy Advance. I'll deliver it in person, and you have to sign for it. You may also feel a sharp pain in your neck, but it will pass as you lose consciousness.