IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Big SNES haul. Doubled my collection :D

They're all coxed but Mr. PFitzner had the common sense not to write on the lables

so some time with the metho will fix them all up :D

Doom

Wing Commander

Super Dropzone

Cybernator

Darius twin

Turn and burn : No fly zone

Street fighter 2

Battletoads : Battle Maniacs

Alien vs Predator

Axelay

NBA All-Star challenge

Super Battletank 2

Super the Empire strikes back

Super Mario World

Saturday I found a black plastic NES cartridge holder that holds 18 games and can either be mounted on the wall or set on something for 79 cents. At the same thrift I also found the Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies Vol. 3 book for 49 cents. Last Saturday I found an NES Tetris II complete in box with instructions for $4. That game is dangerously addictive.

Decent evening yesterday. I was in the local Sally Army and saw a box of NES games on the counter - kind of unusual as they mostly have them in a display case. I was going through the box of games and saw, disappointingly, that they were mostly sports titles. Anyway, I found Kid Icarus and Wizards and Warriors and was about to take them and go to the cash when I noticed a cardboard sleeve with 'Tengen' written on it. I pulled out the cart and, yup, it was Tengen Tetris!

Okay, so maybe it's worth nowhere near as much as it was a few years ago, but it's the best find I've had since I moved here a year ago.

Incidentally, the games were $1.99 each.

Day After Thanksgiving was a good one for me.

The highlights were...

North and South (NES) $2

RC Pro-Am (NES) $2 (yes, I know it's supposed to be a common)

Knockout Kings 2002 (xbox) - case and instructions only for 50 cents

Defender (VIC 20) - 50 cents (half price)

Maze Hunter 3-D (SMS) - 50 cents (half price) - maybe good for an EPROM conversion cart?

Missile Defence 3-D (SMS) - 50 cents (half price) - ditto

Tyco Power Plug for SNES $2.50 (half price)

Suncom StarFighter joystick $3 (like a Slik Stick but with a different handle)

And now for the best part...

Sword of Vermilion (Genesis) complete $3

Crusader of Centy (Genesis) complete $3 (my first 6-rarity Genesis cart!)

Dreamcast arcade stick HKT-3700 $3 (a wire is intermittent in its plug)

3DO console with power cord $4!!! (top-loader with single controller port) It even recognized an audio CD.

Now I've got to keep on the lookout for where those NIB 3DO controllers I got at Best Buy years ago went, and the demo disc I got for a dollar long ago at an EB.

arg, got nothing in the last week. But went to goodwill right after school, and they had the same stuff. But then I see a lady and in her cart was an atari 4 switch, with the hookups, joysticks, and about 15 games... the price was 4.99. I said, did you just get those? And she said yeah, these are antiques now! And she said I can take a look at the games so I did. All commons but still, I wish I would have got there 10 minutes earlier.. damn school. And the weirdest thing is that they had a couple loose atari 5200 games up front for 3.99 each.

Finally got a chance to go thrifting today. I'm pretty pleased with my haul.

An Atari 1040 STF (bare console), for $5.99.

A sack of NES games, including Anticipation, Burgertime, Paperboy, Millipede, and Ghosts & Goblins, for $5.99.

A Sega Genesis compatible transluscent control pad that looks a lot like a SNES pad, $2.49.

A copy of Gunstar Heroes in the box but without instructions, $4.98.

A Sega Master System with all the cables, with Light Phazer and copies of Gangster Town and Hang On/Safari Hunt, $24.95.

Copies of Rambo: First Blood part II and Choplifter for the SMS, $2.92 each.

I also picked up a couple of videotapes that I was amused to find. A 'Video 45' of 5 videos from the band Berlin, and a copy of "Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone", starring a young Molly Ringwald. It's not the original cut of the film, done in 3D (requiring those red/blue lens glasses), but it's still good. :thumbsup:

picked up on Saturday!

Boxed Intellivision

Boxed Intelli-Voice

All Complete in Box:

Frog Bog

Motocross

tron Deadly Discs

B-17 Bomber

Advanve D&D

reversi

Astrosmash

Auto Racing

Centipede

Space Armada

burger Time

Space Battle

Donkey Kong

Happy Trails

Lock N Chase

Night Stalker

pitfall

Starstrike

Stampede

Demon Attack

beauty & the Beast

Armor Battle

Frogger

triple Action

Just Carts:

Bomb Squad & Carnival

Also an empty Box & manual for SW: ESB which i needed!

All for $36.00

Daniel

A couple days ago I got Perfect Dark at Giant Eagle for 10 bucks (yes I could have gotten it new for 5 bucks at EB but this had a budge in it and was curious what it was). Inside was the manual (cover poor as with the box) and the cart as usual, but the buldge was from a Pelican 4 Meg RAM cart. That suprised me and I have no use for it but to get rid of it. How much is it worth?

I just bought a 2-port Atari 5200 for $7.99, with power supply, two joysticks, and for no reason that I can understand, some weird kind of car adapter power supply for something completely unrelated. The console and both joysticks still have the clear plastic protective labels over the brushed metal plates! That's a nice touch!

I also bought a bunch of Atari 5200 games: H.E.R.O., Defender, Star Wars: The Arcade Game, Gyruss, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man, and River Raid. Altogether, they cost around $9.

I also picked up a spare SMS joypad for $1.99.

With this purchase, I now have over 20 Atari 5200 games. None of which I can play, because I haven't found a single working 5200 controller! I really need to buy one of those rebuild kits and fix at least one of the many controllers I have.

Holy cow! I just plugged the 5200 in, and both controllers work! I can finally play all my games! Joy! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

If you open up the controllers (just popping the start row cover should be enough), I bet you'll find that the flex circuits are NOT bare metal. The only two controllers I ever found in the wild that worked the first time I tried them are a pair of rev 8's with graphite coated contacts.

Probably my best ever single find from a thrift store is a tie between two ColecoVision finds. One was a collection of ColecoVision documentation that included, among other things, the manuals for Frogger II: Threeedeep!, and the roller controller. The other was a ColecoVision that came with about 10 games, two super controllers, the Atari 2600 adapter, and a handful of Atari 2600 games, all for $50. The second collection came with two power supplies as well... both dead.

As for recent discoveries, I did find a Darth Vader 2600 for $5 last week. Sadly, it was fried.

Today (Saturday) is my day for thrifting. Wish me luck!

i did find something today, in fact.

i speak enough as it is about what i find.. that i can't post a picture of.

and i hope that 'nice deal' at walmart does hold out, i'd like at least one 128 meg card to get more pictures of.

those bills don't play too well,

w2

post-5819-1102827468_thumb.jpg

MORE NES GOODNESS!

For $35

> Startropics

> Startropics II: Zoda's Revenge

> Jurassic Park

> Legend of Zelda (Golden Cartridge)

> Bible Adventures ('Color Dreams' Company Black Cartridge) (rare)

> Pyramid ('American Video Entertainment' Company Cartridge) (rare)

> Duck Hunt

> Adventures of Lolo

> Zelda II (Golden Cartridge)

I know it's not quite classic or quite a gaming system, but I was happy with it: I got a working Mac Powerbook 170 for $5 (Canadian). It already had older (but fully compatible) versions of MS works, MS word, cricit graph, stat view, and MS Excel. I've already put a few older mac games on it and am looking for more. The only problem is that the battery doesn't work, but I'd never use a laptop anywhere away from plugs anyway (I mean who actually types in the park). I thought $5 for a functional laptop (no matter how limited) was a good price.