IGNORED

New owner of a 800XL

I just got home with a 800XL with personalized input so I can plug it into a VCR, and five games: Pac-Man, Super Breakout, Centipede, Missile Command, and DK Jr. I spent $40, I know, probably way too much, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a new Atari system, seeing as how little I see them around these parts. Is there a website other than Digital Press where i can check the rarity of games?

• Like 1

Cool! and $40 for the lot is VERY reasonable, measured by Ebay prices. The games alone would go for about $20, so pat your self on the back. If you get into the A8, you'll want to build or buy a SIO2PC cable, depending on your resources. Very easy to build if you have some basic elect. tools and not very costly if you just want Plug an Play. The cable allows you to use a PC as a mass storage/printer/modem for the Atari. The software (PC side) is free for the most part. Being able to transfer disk images (ATRs can be downloaded from many web sources) to the Atari really multiplies the enjoyment level of the hobby!

Wile you'r at it, download one or more of the fantastic Emulators. There are so many new option for these old systems; some times I'm just amazed at the love for these machines that has motivated all these software programmers and hardware designers.

Enjoy the ride,

Van