IGNORED

Deathsmiles IIx

Gabriel

Yep, no disc release. Worse is that it's not even translated! I'm not paying $30 for a download only game that's not even translated! I know it's just a shooter, but I still want to be able to read the story.

Tempest

I'd consider buying it if they had localized it. I'd guess the menus are in English but the story isn't. That's still not good enough. If I imported the disc release I could understand it not having localization but not when they're putting it in the download section of my country.

Cave doesn't think they can make enough money with disc releases on their own.

I'd consider buying it if they had localized it. I'd guess the menus are in English but the story isn't. That's still not good enough.

If they ever offer it for like 1200 points I might consider, as is, I agree "not good enough"

I might go for it if they mailed you a faceplate! :D

I just came on here to ask to see if there was a disc release or not.

However, youtube leads me to want this game asap.... it looks amazing. :)

EDIT: I can buy it with MS points. I got drunk one night and decided to buy 6000 points for some godawful reason.

Now I have a reason to use some of it. :)

Edited by keilbaca

EDIT: I can buy it with MS points. I got drunk one night and decided to buy 6000 points for some godawful reason.

:lol:

I do the same thing too.. Not always the wisest decisions when they happen, but everything seems like a great idea when you're drunk!

:lol:

I do the same thing too.. Not always the wisest decisions when they happen, but everything seems like a great idea when you're drunk!

And... it paid off in the end! I got deathsmiles!

Seriously... who plays shmups for the story line? I wished we could get the JP version of the original deathsmiles... hearing the characters sound like stereotypes are terrible.

Seriously... who plays shmups for the story line? I wished we could get the JP version of the original deathsmiles... hearing the characters sound like stereotypes are terrible.

Well, yeah.. But the story in DS was actually kind of cool. At least the alternate ending thing was. It was a twist you don't see in many shooters and it helps make the DS experience what it is. I can of course do without story elements in my shmups, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious what happens to the characters in part II.

I guess I am the oddball then... :(

The game is great, I've only dabbed with the first few levels and the game is fairly easy.

However, in arcade mode, my Rosa is gone... but they put her in the X360 mode. So I've just been playing that mode with Rosa. :)

I should be able to do a video by the end of the week. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand not doing a disc release-sad though cause the LE set they did with the first one was great (soundtrack and faceplate!) anyway not localizing and still charging 30 kinda sucks. Cut that price in half and its alright.

The way I understand it, Microsoft will not allow a game to be released as "Games on Demand" unless there is first a disc release. Aside from the expense, if DS2 was translated, it would no longer be the same game that got a disc release (in Japan) and therefore, would not be allowed in GoD.

So yes, this is just a way to play the import game without importing it.

• 2 months later...

Let me know when it's 50% off.

I don't do $30 download games.... :(

Its a Cave game, I am not entirely sure if it will ever go down. They're still set on their ps2 game prices from years ago on Mushihimesama and Espgaluda II.

If it does, I'll be sure to bump it. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I bought and love the first deathsmiles at retail and was wondering about this one. Is it just a remix or something or is it really an all new game? If it is an all new one, I wouldn't mind the $30 too much. Though I hope at least the pirates have some way for me to have my $30 on a disc. I hate paying money for nothing (but I do like the free chicks!) ;-)

• 1 month later...

I bought and love the first deathsmiles at retail and was wondering about this one. Is it just a remix or something or is it really an all new game? If it is an all new one, I wouldn't mind the $30 too much. Though I hope at least the pirates have some way for me to have my $30 on a disc. I hate paying money for nothing (but I do like the free chicks!) ;-)

Its a whole new game, with a similar but slightly different scoring system, in Arcade mode. IIx mode has special blue bullets that follow you once you activate, and when you press the two fire buttons again (the same as your activation), you get even more gems.

I was informed of how the scoring system works, and my high score went from 1 bil to 2.8 bil. I will be recording this very soon and throwing it up on YouTube.

EDIT: Has anything new came out since this? Just curious as I would love to play something new. I'm close to the end of this game, and am anxious to playing something else. I should finish the original Deathsmiles...

Edited by keilbaca