IGNORED

R3play Show

snicklin

All,

I was just wondering who would be willing to attend this retro gaming show in Blackpool, UK in November this year?

http://www.replayexpo.com/

It gets mentioned a lot in RetroGamer and was a big hit last year with many old 8-bitters from various backgrounds. They're extending it out this year and it should have up to 5000 people. As it's in Blackpool, a bit of fun can be had on the town of the night (plenty of drinking!). The more Atari people that we can get there also, the better it will be for us all.

Who fancies it?

Steve

I'm hoping to make it this year. I've promised TMR the loan of a 7800 and CC2 for his homebrew stand.

Ahh, he's got his own homebrew stand? That might be quite interesting. I'll definitely go and take a look.

Groovybee, Svenski, anyone else - do you fancy meeting up at some stage for a few Atari games maybe, a little competition between ourselves?

Ahh, he's got his own homebrew stand? That might be quite interesting. I'll definitely go and take a look.

From http://www.formatwar.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=116

"i'm not sure exactly what hardware i'll have on hand, but i'm aiming for a C64C, Atari 800XL, 48K rubber-keyed Spectrum and a 2Mb A600HD, with all four loading from SD or CF cards. But more, much more than this... along with hoping that various homebrew peeps will tootle by to natter and perhaps show off work-in-progress code, i want to arrange a "warez rush" of new games that will be announced over the course of the event! At the moment there are four projects including one of mine on the go, but i'd like to see more produced for a wider range of platforms if at all possible."