IGNORED

Latest XBOX Live Gold offer...

JamesD

And the offers to get me to sign back up for a gold account continue.

Now they are offering 2 months of Gold for $2. Of coarse they will auto renew at full price when it expires.

Funny, no matter how good the offer sounds, some how they always seem to make about the same amount of money for the year if you do the math. :roll:

The grocery store here too is offering me bananas for 21 cents a pound, and I hate bananas! So why should I buy them? (what do you mean I shouldn't?)

Of course they will simply up the price to 60 cents a pound eventually for everybody.

Funny no matter how good the offer sounds, some how they always seem to make about the same amount of money for the year if you do the math. :roll:

p.s. Xbox Live never auto-renews for me. If it does for you, you're doing it wrong. ;)

• Like 1

Yes I was just going to say you don't have to auto renew anything.

If you want to check or alter your auto-renew status, here are some instructions from Major Nelson's site:

http://majornelson.com/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal/

You can check/change it from the link provided in that doc.

Here is an example of what it should look like if you don't want it to auto renew:

moycon

Microsoft Points

Your Account Summary

Xbox LIVE Prepaid 1 month Gold Membership Card

Expiry Date: 8/7/2011

Automatic Renewal: Off <-----

Payment Option: n/a

2 months for 2 bucks sounds like a decent deal to me for someone who was actually interested in the service.

The grocery store here too is offering me bananas for 21 cents a pound, and I hate bananas! So why should I buy them? (what do you mean I shouldn't?)

Of course they will simply up the price to 60 cents a pound eventually for everybody.

Funny no matter how good the offer sounds, some how they always seem to make about the same amount of money for the year if you do the math. :roll:

p.s. Xbox Live never auto-renews for me. If it does for you, you're doing it wrong. ;)

But.... bananas are better than hot dogs.

AX

• Like 1

+1000000

After the PS3 debacle, you would think folks would get the hint that having a credit card on file is not a good idea! I suggest the prepaid cards. I see them on Amazon and other retail stores on sale at least a few times a year. If you keep an eye out, you can end up getting a 12 month gold account card for dirt cheap. I myself have never paid more than $40 for the year!

I'm just glad there's an entire new thread about it. Those other 12 threads above the first one make it really hard to find.

Not for nothing, but I was just about to start shopping for a yearly Xbox Live card as mine expires at the end of June. Anyone seen a good current sale on these?

I already have enough points to pay for it but they want my credit card number or pay pal account which is never going to happen. THAT is the only reason I didn't already buy it. And like I've said before, It's not worth $40 to me.

FWIW, if you don't want me to post about it, you would be better off keeping quiet.

I'll keep posting offers just to annoy people like you.