IGNORED

ST Schmup concept image

Hi there,

we are currently saving our Falcon Harddisks and a few things popped up.. thought I share a concept image of one of the ST projects we were doing at Eclipse way back.

Note: Its just a screenshot, not a running proto. we were just toying with a few ideas using slightly more than 16 colors with carefully placed HBLs....

Hope you like it. We´ll probably post some more stuff in the next weeks or so.

Greetings from Hamburg

Daniel

post-24596-0-55668000-1306768030_thumb.png

• Like 1

The graphics imply multi-layer parallax. Looks good but for the ST it's the coding that needs to be done first as proof of concept.

I did all the graphics for Outrun and Gradius 1(AKA Nemesis) and Salamander (AKA Lifeforce) on Neochrome back in the 80s. Problem was making them move like their arcade counterparts :)

The graphics imply multi-layer parallax. Looks good but for the ST it's the coding that needs to be done first as proof of concept.

I did all the graphics for Outrun and Gradius 1(AKA Nemesis) and Salamander (AKA Lifeforce) on Neochrome back in the 80s. Problem was making them move like their arcade counterparts :)

Hi,

I also used Neochrome Master....switched to Degas later though. We had an established codebase from the likes of Wings of Death and Lethal Excess but yeah, hard work...

Your games had nice optics..played them all :)

Cheers

Daniel

Very interesting, thanks for posting! I was on a school trip back in '92, in Kiel/Germany. I saw Lethal Xcess in a shop and was close to buy it, but changed my mind for some reason. Something I regret today!

Oky2000: You made the graphics for Gradius and Salamander with Neochrome, but for what platforms? As they wasn't released on the ST?

Very interesting, thanks for posting! I was on a school trip back in '92, in Kiel/Germany. I saw Lethal Xcess in a shop and was close to buy it, but changed my mind for some reason. Something I regret today!

Oky2000: You made the graphics for Gradius and Salamander with Neochrome, but for what platforms? As they wasn't released on the ST?

For myself because Outrun Gradius/Salamander were my favourite games. The idea was to use them in Amiga or ST games (couldn't afford an Amiga at the time in 1986) but to program them is a huge undertaking in 68k ASM and so the coding never happened. I probably spent more time doodling in Neo than doing anything else with my ST until Gauntlet 1 and The Pawn was launched :)

damn...just before we wanted to save more data ...one harddisk partition of our falcon said goodbye. just not visible anymore. other partitions still wok though. dont actually know anymore how i could recover it now. any suggestions here ?

cheers

daniel

If you can attach the drive to a linux machine you could create a ddrescue image and then try and recover the drive using tools such as testdisk/photorec

ddrescue

Testdisk

Barnie

damn...just before we wanted to save more data ...one harddisk partition of our falcon said goodbye. just not visible anymore. other partitions still wok though. dont actually know anymore how i could recover it now. any suggestions here ?

cheers

daniel

• 1 month later...