IGNORED

best wii fishing game?

bomberpunk

after doing a lot of research last night i figure i'd just ask players. and yes, i already own Twilight Princess.

Sega Bass fishing looks pretty dated, as it looks like it's pretty much the Dreamcast game.

Shimano Xtreme looked neat with addition of two other methods of play but the surfer dude voiceover in the video i watched was a complete turnoff.

Fishing Master looked too cartooney with too much emphasis on riding or walking around.

Reel Fishing looks pretty sweet and although there's no line tension gauge, it might be the one i go with despite negative reviews.

any advice or other suggestions. this will actually be my first fishing game purchase so i'm a newbie to the genre.

Well if it's the 1st WiiWare "reel Fishing" you mean, dont bother. The controls were so confusing for me (& I knew there was no way my kids would understand it). I guess there was another recent Reel Fishing game, havent tried it, the other one scared me off.

I know you want a Wii fishing game, but if you have a Dreamcast, get the fishing controller & Sega Marine Fishing- you WONT be disappointed.

i don't have a Dreamcast. :(

i did buy Rapala's We Fish because it was only $15 brand new, even though it's goofy-looking like Fishing Master. the Reel Fishing game i was referring to is a retail product called Angler's Dream. i like how it looks very realistic.

thanks for the suggestion though!

We Fish is destined to break my nunchuk with all that adrenaline-rush 0reeling. and with all those powerups, the ability to attack other fishermen and get attacked and lose my catch, this is anything but relaxing! Jesus! i don't like how i have to catch one fish at a time then motor all the way back to the safe harbor to drop it off. i know my boat is small but come on, you can fit a small ice chest on that thing!

enough of that, i bought a second fishing game...

i picked up a used copy of Hooked for $15 at a local GameStop. it's much more realistic than We Fish, but i think it might be a wee bit TOO technical for me. 4 ways of casting, lure depth classifications, all kinds of crazy real-type stuff. with a lot of practice i'm probably going to spend a LOT of time enjoying it. so far i can't get the little shits to bite though.

should i bother with any kind of fishing rod accessory?

Well keep those reviews coming, Im interested in your fishing game opinions, I think they'd be a good idea for my kids who currently just watch me race in Build & Race. I'd buy a fishing controller just to get them used to the real thing.