IGNORED

super mario mario bross on atari 2600

sermajic

I would like to see a huge more complex Donkey Kong with platforms so long that you are scrolling into other screens before you get to jump on the next platform. Have the barrels and hammers but some other goodies. Make the platforms randomly generated mazes where you can come up to walls if you go up the wrong ladder. Someone could turn it into an adventure.

Sounds like you need to play Donkey Kong for the Game Boy...

I will say this: I am surprised that we haven't seen an SMB homebrew port yet. My guess is that doing so is extremely difficult. Not only that, we haven't seen ports on ANY platform except the PC, and I would think that INTV, CV, 5200 etc might have the chops. But damn I would pay good money to get my hands on one with a nice colorful manual and box. I'd like to see one of our own create that product.

I have made some Mario sprites, and there is a link to some progress that has been made here.

Illya

I would like to see a huge more complex Donkey Kong with platforms so long that you are scrolling into other screens before you get to jump on the next platform. Have the barrels and hammers but some other goodies. Make the platforms randomly generated mazes where you can come up to walls if you go up the wrong ladder. Someone could turn it into an adventure.

Sounds like you need to play Donkey Kong for the Game Boy...

I own it and I played it when it came out on my Super Game Boy.

Besides Jr. Pacman another example is Pitfall 2. When you go up a ladder it scrolls up and when you walk to the edge of the screen it changes screens like flipping a page in a book. If it was designed for a TV to be on it's side then it would be the opposite. If they did it like that and didn't show the platforms above and below then everything would scroll more smoothly and make more sense. You can run across a platform with no page flipping but there would be page flipping when you come out of a hole from a ladder. It would scroll where Harry can see and flip when he is going through a hole into a platform he can't see(just like on Super Mario Bros.). Now put Mario in place of Harry and pipes and vines in the place of ladders. You'll have Super Mario Bros.