IGNORED

Atarisoft Coleco Titles

LynxVGL

So I recently scored a loose Galaxians. I've read and seen reviews, and was anxiously awaiting its arrival. Wow. I agree, this is the best 2nd Gen Console port of the game. Are the other Atarisoft titles as good? I want to pick up Defender because I've always wondered how it plays with the "cheat" for programming the fast scrolling of the game. When I finally get around to getting a Roller Controller, I want Centipede for it too.

So, did Atari keep up the ridiculously good porting for their other titles? I'm not a big Jungle Hunt fan, and I know that one is usually expensive due to rarity.

I don't play on an emulator, so finding carts is my preference.

AtariSoft titles rule.I got CV Jungle Hunt off Ebay about 2 years ago for like $35 loose, mint label, and lots of others like Centipede and Galaxian.I am glad i bought the AtariSoft titles back when they were reasonably priced.If some of you guys haven't checked on Ebay lately, you'll notice the games have pretty much almost doubled in price, especially the CIB sealed ones.The demand for CV games and stuff has increased 10 fold from maybe less than just 2 years ago, and none of the AtariSoft titles come cheap anymore.I feel for those just starting to collect. :sad:

And if you test non-released games from AtariSoft , like CV Pacman, and CV Moon Patrol ,they are very very good.

Joust and Mr.Do were AtariSoft prototypes also.

You meant Dig Dug, not Mr. Do!... or did I miss something?

Oops, I meant Dig Dug.

I obtained Jungle Hunt, CIB for $5 a couple of years ago, and it is a great port. Galaxian is one of the best arcade conversions of the classic eras.

$5 bucks holy cow. You basically hit the guy with a club and took it from him :) I wonder how sad he would be if he knew he could have gotten $200 - $400

Edited by ColecoDan

We actually told her she could get a bunch more money if she sold it on e-bay or something, but she just wanted to get rid of all of her stuff as quick as possible. We got a jackpot of near-int boxed complete games for a bunch of systems for $5 each. Subterranea for the 2600, Fathom for the Intellivision...it was definitely our best score in the wild.

We actually told her she could get a bunch more money if she sold it on e-bay or something, but she just wanted to get rid of all of her stuff as quick as possible. We got a jackpot of near-int boxed complete games for a bunch of systems for $5 each. Subterranea for the 2600, Fathom for the Intellivision...it was definitely our best score in the wild.

Wow, that's a heck of a score, a multi-system score at that! :thumbsup:

So I recently scored a loose Galaxians. I've read and seen reviews, and was anxiously awaiting its arrival. Wow. I agree, this is the best 2nd Gen Console port of the game. Are the other Atarisoft titles as good? I want to pick up Defender because I've always wondered how it plays with the "cheat" for programming the fast scrolling of the game. When I finally get around to getting a Roller Controller, I want Centipede for it too.

So, did Atari keep up the ridiculously good porting for their other titles? I'm not a big Jungle Hunt fan, and I know that one is usually expensive due to rarity.

I don't play on an emulator, so finding carts is my preference.

I would get them in this order :D :

Defender

Centipede

Jungle Hunt

Dig Dug

Atarimax Ultimate SD or Atarimax 128-1 USB for Colecovision (w/ this you can play Atarisoft Pac-Man, Moon/Matt Patrol, Joust without sound & with unlimited lives)

Did I leave any out besides Galaxian?

I would get them in this order :D :

Defender

Centipede

Jungle Hunt

Dig Dug

Atarimax Ultimate SD or Atarimax 128-1 USB for Colecovision (w/ this you can play Atarisoft Pac-Man, Moon/Matt Patrol, Joust without sound & with unlimited lives)

Did I leave any out besides Galaxian?

Actually, Dig Dug was never released, so it should have been in your USB-only listing. ;)

Wow,Pac-Man on the CV, never saw Pac-Man of any type being actually played on CV, that arouses my curiosity quite a bit, looks and play wise. I'm curious at how well it plays/played with the stock CV Joystick.I'll have to hunt down a video sample somewhere like on YouTube or something, anyone have a good link for this?Thanx!!!!!!

While I should say go to youtube and search "colecovision pacman"...since I can hopefully help my buddy Opcode sell a copy of his great game here is some info.

Here is Atari Soft Pac-Man and Opcode's Pac-Man while Atari Soft is very good, Opcode's version is near perfect. Plus with Opcode's Homebrew Pac-Man Collection you get Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Plus 3 games on 1 cart for $40...heck of a deal. Pac-Man Plus is a hidden game. To play it have the game select arrow beside Pac-Man on the menu screen and type 7587 on the keypad in controller port #2. The word Plus will appear after Pac-Man. You can then press the fire button to select the game.

And before you ask "Where can I get Pac-Man collection, that looks awesome?" Here is a link to buy it.

http://www.opcodegames.com/pacman.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqFG_SGw6n8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZntS9-rbgfM&feature=related

The ?full? Atari soft list is....

Released: Centipede, Defender, and Jungle Hunt.

Unreleased (Roms available): Dig Dug, Joust, Moon Patrol, and Pac-Man.

Unreleased (not found/dumped): Ms. Pac-Man, Pole Position, Robotron 2084, Stargate, and Vanguard.

As for Pac-Man, yes Pac-Man Collection is arcade perfect, but I hate to sell the original prototype version from Atari short.

Oops, yeah, and there's a rom for that one.

Took a long time to finally get a good dump of Galaxian. I think there were around six bad dumps floating around on the Web for years and most were considered good until Yurkie found an issue with them in gameplay and I think it was 5-11under (someone on here for sure) who made a good dump... wasn't too long ago either.

Edited by NIAD

Oops, yeah, and there's a rom for that one.

Took a long time to finally get a good dump of Galaxian. I think there were around six bad dumps floating around on the Web for years and most were considered good until Yurkie found an issue with them in gameplay and I think it was 5-11under (someone on here for sure) who made a good dump... wasn't too long ago either.

Ikanranaka hooked us out with a good dump. That rom gave me fits. At one time I actually thought my 128-1 multi was bad because of the bad rom.