IGNORED

Donkey Kong and DK Junior Custom Controllers

Yurkie

I bought these from Doubledown back in 2009 when I got back in ColecoVision collecting. I think they originally sold for $140.

Since I have made a Custom boxed Mario Bros. set and a Single Boxed Smurf Controller, these seem like a novelty and not something I really need to hold onto.

I am asking $125 shipped

I tested these using the controller test rom just before writing this, and they work perfect. I never even used these other than for about 30 minutes playing Donkey Kong Junior with my girlfriend when I first got them.

I will pack these carefully and ship Priority Mail with Insurance of $125 and Delivery confirmation anywhere in the USA. I don't want the hassle of shipping these International, but may reconsider if no USA collectors are interested.

Around 25 sets where produced if I remember correctly, and they came with a signed instruction manual that I cannot find... the $15 less than paid for price and included shipping is to compensate for the missing manual.

Here is a pic, just taken and resized to half resolution to save bandwidth.

post-23318-0-40276100-1307472842_thumb.jpg

I bought these from Doubledown back in 2009 when I got back in ColecoVision collecting. I think they originally sold for $140.

Since I have made a Custom boxed Mario Bros. set and a Single Boxed Smurf Controller, these seem like a novelty and not something I really need to hold onto.

I am asking $125 shipped

I tested these using the controller test rom just before writing this, and they work perfect. I never even used these other than for about 30 minutes playing Donkey Kong Junior with my girlfriend when I first got them.

I will pack these carefully and ship Priority Mail with Insurance of $125 and Delivery confirmation anywhere in the USA. I don't want the hassle of shipping these International, but may reconsider if no USA collectors are interested.

Around 25 sets where produced if I remember correctly, and they came with a signed instruction manual that I cannot find... the $15 less than paid for price and included shipping is to compensate for the missing manual.

That's a shame Yurkie - when I started to read your message I thought you were going to say that you were going to make boxes for these controllers. I have both of Doubldown's controller sets (DK and Pac-Man) and would love to have boxes for them.

Anyway - good luck with the sale.

I am asking $125 shipped

That's a shame Yurkie - when I started to read your message I thought you were going to say that you were going to make boxes for these controllers. I have both of Doubldown's controller sets (DK and Pac-Man) and would love to have boxes for them.

Anyway - good luck with the sale.

I am not selling off my CV collection, I was just looking over a bunch of misc stuff I have boxed up... and thought I should sell these to someone here on Atariage instead of having them packed away.

Give some details on the trade. What rare games did you get in return?

Software/games was only the icing on the cake... can we say an ADAM Disk Drive, Memory Expander, etc.

Yes, Yurkie has finally taken the plunge into the wonderful world of ADAM Computing and Super Game playing.

Having one of each of these special controllers, along with their game, all mounted in a case together and hung on a wall would be ... S-w-e-e-e-t!

PacMan, DK, Smurfs ... whatever else I've missed ...

These?

post-23318-0-84714400-1307719989_thumb.jpg

Some interesting facts:

The Mario Controller box and the Mario Bros. cartridge box where printed here in Toledo, OH on the same equipment.

The cords on the Mario and Luigi controllers are controller extension cables that I can no longer find. (these where made before I figured out a method for straightening coily cords)

I made around 30 sets and had at least 6 hours of hands on time making each set and about $60 in expense.

I don't have a set for myself and I will not make another set.

Those look pretty cool. I wasn't around when those were for sale but I gotta say I definitely love my smurf controller better since it has the straight cord and ball knob control.

I had a alternative ball knob idea back when I was making these, but I really thought that the coin on the standard disc was the better option.

The first ones I saw were the smurf ones you did a few months ago. I wasn't even aware of all the ones previous. Very awesome work!

I just thought it would be interesting for someone who has them all to mount them in such a fashion as to pay artistic homage to the gaming community. But at a cost of over $100 per controller, it would be a pretty expensive homage.

Some interesting facts:

The Mario Controller box and the Mario Bros. cartridge box where printed here in Toledo, OH on the same equipment.

The cords on the Mario and Luigi controllers are controller extension cables that I can no longer find. (these where made before I figured out a method for straightening coily cords)

I made around 30 sets and had at least 6 hours of hands on time making each set and about $60 in expense.

And here's some more interesting facts about Mario Bros:

- Most of GFX were done by me, most of sprites were done by Pixelboy

- Box/Label art was made by me using the original arcade flyer. Boxes/Labels were printed by Yurkie in Toledo Ohio

- Almost all Musics/SFX were ripped from the NES version of Mario Bros

- Over 47K of code and data, about 14k of graphics and sounds, for a total data size of about 61k

- The main code bank has only 50 bytes free

- There is approximately 9500 lines of code (including data tables)

- The development took about 1 3/4 year to be completed

- The REV.A has been made to balance difficulty to arcade version, and also add some missing SFX not present in the "Red Edition"

- This game will be re-release as our first game using our upcomming WaferCart ;)

Edited by retroillucid

Some interesting facts:

I'll sell you mine for say.... $1000! :D

What with the way rare or sold out Homebrew items are selling on eBay, I figure that would be a steal.

Some interesting facts:

What with the way rare or sold out Homebrew items are selling on eBay, I figure that would be a steal.

Mine are available for $999 :P

The first ones I saw were the smurf ones you did a few months ago. I wasn't even aware of all the ones previous. Very awesome work!

Here's the Pac-Man & Ms. Pac-Man Controller Set that DoubleDown made and I've been on the hunt for, for over a year and a half now. Anyhow, all these items made over the years by Homebrewers will be covered in the Coleco Museum as well... there's a lot more that was done than I oiginally thought and it's been fun digging up the old info and pics.

post-25956-0-82461000-1307755217_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-33367900-1307755361_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-00298200-1307755370_thumb.jpg

Edited by NIAD

Some interesting facts:

Ok then!

I'm going to auction my SUPER DUPER ULTRA RARE HOMEBREW ..... !!! :

Sim Homebrew Cash Builder

The goal of the game is buy as much homebrews as you can to auction them online trying to make as much cash as you can!

Does it sounds like a cool game eh?

:lol:

Some interesting facts:

Mine are available for $999 :P

So that's how you want to play the game! :x