IGNORED

Girl's Garden Unofficial HSC

Ikrananka

Girl's Garden has quickly become one of my favourite games for the CV. I don't get to play it for long or for very often but each time I do I manage to get a little better. I thought it would be fun to initiate an unofficial HSC for this game just to see how good we can get. Plus this hidden gem of a game deserves to be highlighted.

Please post your high scores and the level you reached. It would also be good to hear of any gameplay tips - in particular on the tough to master bonus rounds.

My high score so far 97,250 (Level 10)

Have Fun :D

I also suck at the bonus round. I usually jump over 1 or 2 and then screw up.

I used to have that problem too, until I figured out that the straight-up jump is your best friend. A straight-up jump, when done properly, will allow you to jump over a single bear. So it all comes down to assessing whether your next jump should be straight up or forward. I usually move back a bit and let a few bears appear on the screen before deciding what my next jump will be.

I also suck at the bonus round. I usually jump over 1 or 2 and then screw up.

I used to have that problem too, until I figured out that the straight-up jump is your best friend. A straight-up jump, when done properly, will allow you to jump over a single bear. So it all comes down to assessing whether your next jump should be straight up or forward. I usually move back a bit and let a few bears appear on the screen before deciding what my next jump will be.

I tend to use that technique too. Moving to the left of the screen to allow time to judge if the next bears are single or in groups. My problem comes when the bears come in a group of three that needs a running jump - if the next bear(s) are close behind I tend to find I don't have time to make another jump before the next bear(s) hit me. I'm sure it just comes down to timing but it sure is a small window within which to jump. Practice, practice, practice!!!