IGNORED

Are going to buy the Wii U?

Rev

67 members have voted

1. 1. Based on what we have seen so far, are you going to get it?

• Yes, I am
    • No, I am not
    • Not enough info yet

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Here's a question (and I'm sure we all know the answer already):

The Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii titles, yes? What happens to all those songs I have in Rock Band and Guitar Hero on my Wii? And Wiiware and Virtual Console titles?

I'll answer my own question here, they won't work on the new console and I'll need to purchase them all again. Fun.

And no doubt we'll get the same answers when the PS4 and the XBox 720 eventually come out.

The new DSiware transfer ability in the wake of the 3DS suggest that it's quite possible we'll be able to also take our Wii DLC with us to the WiiU. Why would they treat DLC Wii owners any differently than they treated DSi DLC owners?

And it's confirmed that people who own PSP compatibile PSN content will be able to take it with them to the PSV (If they have a unused activation or can inactivate one of the 5 each piece of content gets to link it with their PSV). And with our 360 and PS3 content being tied to our user accounts, there's no reason to think we couldn't keep it.

The big question is if the PS4 and Xbox 720 will even be backwards compatible (Look how well that went this last time around). If they lack backwards compatibility, which is certainly a real possibility, it's all a moot point.

Edited by Atariboy

The big question is if the PS4 and Xbox 720 will even be backwards compatible (Look how well that went this last time around). If they lack backwards compatibility, which is certainly a real possibility, it's all a moot point.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously tho, I would probably expect Sony to finally support the PS2 via software emulation. If their PS4 is still not powerful enough to emulate it (which was the big excuse/reason given for hte PS3 losing it's software emulation quickly) then you'd have to wonder what the hecks' wrong at Sony. I don't expect them to offer PS3 compatibility.

On the Xbox front I wouldn't expect Microsoft to even try. I suspect they'd try to repackage games to resell them to everyone a second time around sort of like how Sony is doing digital PS1 releases.

light gun games would have been cool, had they worked

I had a lot of fun with the Light Gun games I picked up. Which games were you playing/which shell were you using? I found Nyko's Perfect Shot to be extremely satisfying and had a blast with House of the Dead 2&3 and the Resident Evil Chronicles games.

I had a lot of fun with the Light Gun games I picked up. Which games were you playing/which shell were you using? I found Nyko's Perfect Shot to be extremely satisfying and had a blast with House of the Dead 2&3 and the Resident Evil Chronicles games.

I have the same shells and they work pretty well for House of the Dead (which is the only game I own for the system) but I have to leave the cross hairs on all the time because they accuracy is pretty bad most of the time. I would have thought the Wii would have done better with this than it did.

To the point, I don't think I will be buying the Wii U. There was way too much crap for the Wii for me to dig through so I never did, and I can only assume the Wii U will be more of the same. I've also heard that those controllers will cost about as much as the system does so screw that. Its bad enough that a controller is around $60 for the modern system, I'm not happy paying system money for a controller when I'll have to have at least 2 to go with the system to enjoy it with a friend. Thats crazy!

Right now, I see this as a handheld system tied to a console. It reminds me of early talk with the Xbox 360, where the center ring of lights on the controller was to be used for in-game information, like HP or something. It was found that people just can't focus on their TV and a controller at the same time!

So now, the entire (or major portions of the) game will be on the controller? No thanks.

From what I know right now, this is a pass. The Wii made me very wary of new control schemes. The Wii never grew beyond "waggle to spin jump" in my opinion. Any game that asked you to do different motions for different purposes became a mess.

Of course, all this is subject to change over the next year.

I have the same shells and they work pretty well for House of the Dead (which is the only game I own for the system) but I have to leave the cross hairs on all the time because they accuracy is pretty bad most of the time. I would have thought the Wii would have done better with this than it did.

To the point, I don't think I will be buying the Wii U. There was way too much crap for the Wii for me to dig through so I never did, and I can only assume the Wii U will be more of the same. I've also heard that those controllers will cost about as much as the system does so screw that. Its bad enough that a controller is around $60 for the modern system, I'm not happy paying system money for a controller when I'll have to have at least 2 to go with the system to enjoy it with a friend. Thats crazy!

Perfect shot for me, it's the best one IMO, though I also have the Nstrike gun, two of the shotguns (from cabella's something or other) and Nintendo's thing. The games I got are both Nstrike games, Links crossbow training, Cabella's big game hunter, and a few other games.

It's like the above poster said, the sight/target is off. Without the accuracy, you just have a glorified unwieldy analog stick, and if that's the case, I'd just assume use an analog stick.

I wasn't aware you could turn the target reticule thing off, or maybe you can't in the games I have.

Particularly annoying, are in games where you use the target reticule to "turn" (by aiming at the edge of the screen) The remote has a perfectly good Dpad on it, why not use it?