IGNORED

Doc's Portable FX DC Adapter Question

thegamezmaster

Have a Doc's Portable FX Auto Adapter Model #6300 that has 4 power plugs on it and a switch that goes between 9 and 6 volts DC and says 9/6 volts dc 500 mA/ I'm trying to figure out what systems this will work on but found nothing on google or the web. Plus I don't want to just start plugging into system as I don't want to kill any, had a bad experience once. Does anyone here have one and or knows what this works with? Thanks. On a side note, if these are for gameboy or game gear, if you put rechargeable batteries in them and plug in the power supply, will it charge the batteries. Sorry if some of these questions sound dumb but my knowledge is limited and would rather ask someone who knows for sure. Thanks in advance for any help, advice or input.

post-3825-0-60103300-1307634109_thumb.jpg

If you want people to recommend specific systems that will not be damaged when you connect it to them you need to let them know the polarity of the connectors, are they center/tip positive (6/9V) or center/tip negative (0V).

500mA is quite a lot of current so generally I think it would power any system that requires up to 6AA or one PP3 battery.

Edited by Stephen Moss

From Wikipedia:

The outer plug contact is usually called the barrel or sleeve, and the inner contact is called the tip (by analogy to the same terms used for phone plugs), although in the case of most coaxial power connectors the very end of the tip itself is a non-conductive ring.

See the parts that I marked here:

post-19265-0-29965000-1307845519_thumb.jpg

Is that a plug in the wire? If so, it might be made where you can disconnect it and rotate it 180 degree to reverse the polarity. I'm not sure though.