IGNORED

Paypal shipping stickers 1.6 cents each

Buyatari

I think I am missing the boat on this kind of stuff. Is there any real reason to ship using paypal? Is it cheaper or something to print your postage then just going to the Post office?

Sorry for the dumb question.... I never explored the option.

It is a little cheaper to print it online than at the post office and delivery confirmation is like 19 cents for first class or parcel post and free on priority mail. It is cheaper either thru paypal or thru USPS online. On PayPal the tracking info is also entered into PayPal for you.

A lot more convenient than standing in line at the post office. You can just put in the package box or on the counter at the post office and leave or call and have the post office pick it up if you prefer.

Edited by kheffington
  • Like 2

I think I am missing the boat on this kind of stuff. Is there any real reason to ship using paypal? Is it cheaper or something to print your postage then just going to the Post office?

Sorry for the dumb question.... I never explored the option.

Way easier and a bit cheaper.

First you have to change the settings so that paypal doesn't waste the second sticker on the sheet. Now each sheet can print two labels. Then just hit print shipping label when you get a payment. It asks weight and how to ship it but the addresses are already filled in.

I'd do it just for the ease of use vs standing in line and writting the addresses out by hand but you also get cheaper shipping and DC as was said above.

Another important point in that the tracking number is saved. If you sell on ebay the tracking is automaticlly recorded on ebay and you can click the link on your my ebay page to check on tracking. If you have ever lost a tracking slip you know that this is a big plus.

On trades I tell the other guy to paypal me a penny and I print a label from that. You can even refund the penny after a label is printed if you are trading with a real penny pincher !

• Like 1

Does anybody know it there are any benefits to using Stamps.com over shipping straight from Paypal?

Depends more on the volume I would guess. Stamps.com does have discounts on postage and insurance but they also charge a monthly fee. So if the discount is more than the fee it might be worth it.

The disadvantage would be that you would have to type in your own address and would have to put in the tracking information yourself on eBay or PayPal.

• Like 1

The disadvantage would be that you would have to type in your own address and would have to put in the tracking information yourself on eBay or PayPal.

Nope. Stamps.com integrates with Paypal and does both of these things for you. This is how my brother has our ebay store set up at work. I was just wondering if there was some advantage. I guess it may be a slight decrease in cost.

• Like 1

Nope. Stamps.com integrates with Paypal and does both of these things for you. This is how my brother has our ebay store set up at work. I was just wondering if there was some advantage. I guess it may be a slight decrease in cost.

Yeah I just checked Stamps.com website. The PayPal shipping for mail is going thru Stamps.com service so it would make sense that it is logged for you. Unless Stamps.com is cheaper than PayPal for postage costs there wouldn't be any advantage for savings as PayPal doesn't charge a monthly fee for the shipping service.

• Like 1

Does anybody know it there are any benefits to using Stamps.com over shipping straight from Paypal?

There´s also very usefull whe you have a paypal claim, if you print the label trouhg them, is maybe the only way that a seller could win a case, Paypal and ebay always gran t the case to the buyer, I don´t think they even look the case sometimes.

• Like 1

400 sheets with 800 half stickers for $12.99 and free shipping. That is 1.6 cents a sticker.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504695766591?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350469576659&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm sure everyone here can use them to ship games every now and then and it is a killer deal that will go quick I'm sure.

If there is a better deal out there let me know.

anymore out there? I may try this paypal shipping thing

• Like 1