IGNORED

What is your rarest atari 5200 game

atari5200dude82

What is your rarest atari 5200 game , that you had your still have. Mine probably right now is Star wars arcade cib, Mr do castle cib, Gremlins cib, Frogger 2 cib. I also have the Sean kelly multicart and prototypes reproductions and home brew titles, such as klax and koffi the yellow kopter cib. i used to have combat 2 advanced cib. arrgh, i wish i never sold that.

I have every game from the original run so I'd have to go with Bounty bob Strikes Back and Meteorites. From a homebrew standpoint I have Combat 2. Not sure if that is the "rarest", however that's the only one (I believe) you can't buy anymore, and I've not seen it on ebay in a while (then again I haven't had the need to look).

Gotta be Bounty Bob. Really wanted to get my hands on Meterorites several years back at the Vegas convention when someone there was selling a stack of them (probably 3-4 anyway sealed), but someone stepped in front of me and grabbed all of them :x Still bitter about that after probably 8 years.

Does the diagnostic cart count?

Negative.

SAY WHAT? It sure as hell does, unless it's a repro. Not sure of the accuracy of the AA rarity guide, but BBSB and Meteorites are R8's the diag. cart is an R9. I'd say that qualifies it as rare.

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I have even near the Scarce rating would be Super Cobra. Sadly it is just the board no case to be found. It works good still, but being exposed is sure to take it's toll eventually. :sad:

Look around for a cheap Frogger or Popeye and do the old switcheroo. Maybe the PCB would even fit inside an Atari branded common cart like Pac Man or Missile Command?