IGNORED

7800 game in a 2600

Jr. Pac

I tryed this a long time ago (I was 10). I had just bought a multi-cart at the markets and wanted to play it.

I tryed to push it into the atari 2600, but it wouldn't fit, so I pushed it real hard. This forced the PCB into the housing.

Good way to waste some money.

• Like 1

Miles Dyson? Is that you?

Who is Miles Dyson? I am not him.

I guess you haven't watched Terminator 2 for a while eh? ;)

I'm not really into Terminator, so I never watched it!

I tried this as a kid!

My buddy's friend down the road had Pole Position II for the 7800. This was around 1990, he had an NES and a bevy of games, so he just gave it to me, said he didn't know what it was, his cousin had forgotten it at his house recently or something. I only knew about the 7800 thru comic book adverts and whatnot so "I" didn't really know what this cart was! At first it shocked me. A new Atari game! Pole Position... II! But no... it's slightly the wrong shape, I knew it's dimensions were different, spotted that right away. However; refused to believe it wouldn't somehow fit in my 2600 Jr.'s cartridge slot. When I got home, of course, it wouldn't fit... sucked... but I was expecting it.

So I held on to it for a few years and around 1993 I guess I traded it along with a bunch of other 2600 carts to a guy who claimed he was gonna then trade it to his cousin or something because he didn't have a 7800 either.

That poor Pole Position II cart... I lost soul really, Woever owned that cart originally? I just know it came from a person, who left it at a persons house, this person had no use for it, it was passed on to me, I had no use for it, so I passed it on to someone else who had no use for it who was then going to pass it on to someone else... did that cart ever get played again? Where is it today? I shoulda tagged that specimen... hmmmm, that gives me ideas...

Edited by Torr

That poor Pole Position II cart... I lost soul really, Woever owned that cart originally? I just know it came from a person, who left it at a persons house, this person had no use for it, it was passed on to me, I had no use for it, so I passed it on to someone else who had no use for it who was then going to pass it on to someone else... did that cart ever get played again? Where is it today? I shoulda tagged that specimen... hmmmm, that gives me ideas...

You know I've dwelt from time to time on where my carts originally came from. Some of them were really beat up and had names and stuff written on them, making me think that someone played them heavily and loved them. Others just looked sad and lonely.

You know I've dwelt from time to time on where my carts originally came from. Some of them were really beat up and had names and stuff written on them, making me think that someone played them heavily and loved them. Others just looked sad and lonely.

That's true. The ones with the names probably traveled house to house, borrowed or traded, and played by a group of friends. That's the life!

I try to imagine the ones I have that look close to new were played, but just loved and cared for in the "proper" manner before ending up in my hands. More than likely, though, they were played a few times, then remanded to the back of a closet because the owner simply didn't have time, or didn't like them.

That's true. The ones with the names probably traveled house to house, borrowed or traded, and played by a group of friends. That's the life!

I try to imagine the ones I have that look close to new were played, but just loved and cared for in the "proper" manner before ending up in my hands. More than likely, though, they were played a few times, then remanded to the back of a closet because the owner simply didn't have time, or didn't like them.

How dare you insinuate that I didn't love my Bubble Bobble! It's in such good condition because it rarely left the console.

Edited by Rex Dart