IGNORED

just bought an xbox...

bradjewell

As the subject says, I just bought an xbox. I couldn't hold back from the modern gaming systems anymore, and plus I got a pretty good deal. Paid 150 for the unit new in that little package with sega gt and jsrf. I dont dig jet set that much. Anyways, I just wanted to see what all the xbox owners out there thought about the system and games and all that.

I bought the system mainly for splinter cell and metal gear solid two. I think they are both great games. I'm also wating patiently for halo2 and Ninja gaiden. :) I didn't even know this was coming out until I happened upon the info on a web site. May have to preorder it.

I also have gauntlet dark legacy because i really liked the old ones and wanted some good multiplayer hack and slash. So lets here what all you xboxers think about the games and live and all that.

Anyways, just wanted to spark some good xbox discussion on here.

Brad

I got it from someone who advertised on this radio classified ad. I was at work which is an hour from my home. The seller was in Winchester which is like over an hour from work in Salyersville. Anyway, the seller turned out to be a guy I went to school with. I just thought that was crazy. The whole time I was setting up the deal I had only talked to his mother-in-law and wife. It was cool when he got out of the car and I recognized him. I also was glad I purchased it from someone I knew. He had gotten it free from some distributer he works with and his wife wanted him to get rid of it because they already had a playstation 2. :)

Brad

The Xbox is a great system, the games have gotten much better than from the original launch (but then again ALL systems INCLUDING the PS2 had bad games at launch)...The games will also be getting more and more kick ass.

Xillent piece of hardware, hands down the best system out there overall right now among the current 3. Even tho most will disagree with that, they just dont want to face the facts ;)

I highly recommend Project Gotahm Racing, Spalshdown, Or course Halo, Dead Or ALive 3.

Panzer Dragoon will be coming out soon :) ALong with Doom3 :)

Xbox live is sweet, even though i can get it right now :sad: , but once i get it ill be using it constantly :D

My brother just recnetly got Xbox along two games from christmas gift. I have realized what my brother did played with Halo, it awesome grahpic and action also alots of shoting. again I also realized that Xbox's controllers seem much smaller than orginal Xbox controllers. I think people who tried orginal Xbox controllers seem too big and hard to play, right?

Myself, I didnt tried and play with Xbox, but one day I will.

Jason

Hehe, wouldn't wanna miss this thread :D Xbox is awesome. Personally, JSRF is my favorite game - the music is killer, the graphics are sweet, and the game itself is extremely unique. I'd say keep playing it. Brute Force hands down is going to be the best game. Just a few more months......Splinter Cell,Halo, Dead To Rights, MK:DA, Serious Sam, Steel Battalion, Mech Assault, MGS:2, PGR, are must haves. Panzer Dragoon, Mafia, Brute force, Red Faction 2, Sniper, Ninja Gaiden are coming in the next few months and will be kick ass. I don't like sports or platformers so I can't really say too much about those games. XB Live is pretty much flawless too. And I like the bigger controllers - the smaller ones just seem akward to me. You got a good deal on it to boot. And, unlike the PS2/GC, you don't have to go buy network adapters, memory cards, etc. The DVD player part of it is cool too, Simple to use and works perfectly. The coolest thing is system link. If you got a few friends that have Halo and an XB, hook them together and frag away. Jaghammer is 100% correct about it being the best hardware on the market. But, this thread as with all other XB threads, will become an argument sooner or later..........

I agree that is definitely the best hardware out there right now. Thats why i broke down and bought one. I was just wanting splinter cell and metal gear solid 2 too bad. I'll surely being picking up nija gaiden and a few more of those games. I'll have to give jet set radio future another chance and see if I can get into it.

I'm going to try and system link tommorrow to play some Halo. We'll see how that goes. Has anyone here system linked before? Is a crossover cable all you need?

Brad