IGNORED

Neo Geo CDZ or CD

I have found a Neo Geo CD on ebay from Japan that comes with one controller and video cables but no power supply starting at 5 dollars plus 85 shipping, the seller says it works and has a good feedback but was wondering if it is worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220803848509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have found a Neo Geo CD on ebay from Japan that comes with one controller and video cables but no power supply starting at 5 dollars plus 85 shipping, the seller says it works and has a good feedback but was wondering if it is worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220803848509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think you should hold out for one WITH a power supply. I think they are not typical but I could be wrong.

Just wondering but what do people think of Neo4All for the Dreamcast, Does running a emulator wear out the system faster and does using rip games also wear it out, If I were to use that emulator I might just stick with the early games that did not use copy protection so I do not have to run burn games.

Just wondering but what do people think of Neo4All for the Dreamcast, Does running a emulator wear out the system faster and does using rip games also wear it out, If I were to use that emulator I might just stick with the early games that did not use copy protection so I do not have to run burn games.

Neo4All is an okay emulator, but not great. It has graphics and sound issues with several games, as well as slowdown.

Because of the difference between the way data is written on CDs vs GD-ROMs (original DC disks), there tends to be more seeking when reading games off CD. It's possible that this seeking can wear out the system quicker. I have a launch day Dreamcast which has seen many CD-R disks in its day and still works perfectly, so take that for what it's worth. An emulator only reads tiny amounts of data from the disk, so you'll have even less of an issue with that.

I am currently thinking of getting a Neo Geo again and was wondering how much the CDZ units and original CD units go for and if any one had one for sale or trade, what are people's opinion of them, is it worth getting one. Thanks for your time.

Few years back I made a Dreamcast CD with Neo Geo CD emulator, I did not tried this recently, but it was able to play original Neo Geo CD games, and "copies" too. So unless you want the console, I would try Dreamcast first.

I was really disappointed with the neo-geo cd once I got it and I was looking for one for a long long time before I put up the money for it.... so many really long load times. the upside is that you can run copied games on it easily so finding games you want to try before you own is great but for my money, you want to get the cartridge system. I wound up getting a consolized arcade single slot motherboard. in addition to that I got one of those 100-in-1 carts and I buy the carts of the games i likes best as I find them. it is SO much better than the cd system and well worth the investment as I believe the thing will only increase in value since it can be put in a jamma cab or be played on a tv. if you're good with electronics you can consolize it yourself and neo-geo motherboards are pretty cheap compared to the home console

that being said, I would consider a trade or sale if you like. PM me.

Edited by Mark Wolfe