IGNORED

INTV II controller issue

I recently got my first INTV, a II. I was testing it out with Utopia, and couldn't move my guy up. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Edit: also tried Sub Hunt, all direction work except up.

You'll need someone else to weigh in on the technical side, but these are really hard to open and then get back together. The beauty of the INTV 2 is you can always get replacement controllers.

Thanks. I managed to get them detached and swap them. The 2nd controller works fine. I found a diagram online showing how to open them, it looks gnarly but possible. I'm going to try clean all of the contact points. I have also been advised that there might be a hole in the flex circuit, in which case its cooked. Be that the case, are there replacement circuits for the INTV II, like the ones you commonly see for the 5200? Also, are their any existing or 3rd party controllers that are compatible? And if all else fails, do you or anyone else sell replacement controllers?

Thanks. I managed to get them detached and swap them. The 2nd controller works fine. I found a diagram online showing how to open them, it looks gnarly but possible. I'm going to try clean all of the contact points. I have also been advised that there might be a hole in the flex circuit, in which case its cooked. Be that the case, are there replacement circuits for the INTV II, like the ones you commonly see for the 5200? Also, are their any existing or 3rd party controllers that are compatible? And if all else fails, do you or anyone else sell replacement controllers?

As stated,these are absolute boogars to open.That is without leaving pry marks

My expierience with them,has ran about the same as the original Intell. controllers.Check the flex cards for dirt/grease,also at the top where the wires go into the case,you will see the metal contacts that connect to the flex card.Bend them up(gently) a tiny bit to ensure they are making contact.

Availability for flex cards is at best,un-obtanium.

And if you cant get them going with minor clean and adjust,just look for complete working ones on Ebay or???Or you could post in the wanted section here :sleep:

I examined the innards and the flex circuits are in excellent condition. I cleaned everything that I could reach with an alcohol pad. The only things I couldn't get at were the two spots where the outer numeric pad is attached; I wasn't sure how to detach it. However I am having some difficulty putting the flex circuits back in place around the firing buttons so I am stuck now....