IGNORED

Is the Atarimax ColecoVision 128 MultiCart the only one available?

Rev

Yep, the AtariMax SD Cart is the way to go! Originally it came supplied with a 32Mb SD Card, then Steve upped it to I think a 256Mb SD Card, but now it looks like it's back to a 32MB SD Card. I'm not sure of the largest SD Card size that can be used, but 32Mb is plenty big enough since I loaded mine up with everything inclusing demos and pics and still have 8Mb free. Steve also struck a deal with CollectorVision and the SD Card comes supplied with Mr. Chin and Mario Bros. (original revision) for free.

Three more big factors in why you should go with the SD Cart over the USB Cart is that the SD Cart is compatible with Lord of the Dungeons save games, with MegaCart games like Mario Bros. and Pac-Man Collection (if a rom file is ever made available) and is upgradeable via upgrades that Steve might make available in the future that would support different rom PCB standards that could be developed.

You won't be disappointed!

EDIT: Looks like they are going for the same price now as well.

Edited by NIAD

Yep, the AtariMax SD Cart is the way to go! Originally it came supplied with a 32Mb SD Card, then Steve upped it to I think a 256Mb SD Card, but now it looks like it's back to a 32MB SD Card. I'm not sure of the largest SD Card size that can be used, but 32Mb is plenty big enough since I loaded mine up with everything inclusing demos and pics and still have 8Mb free. Steve also struck a deal with CollectorVision and the SD Card comes supplied with Mr. Chin and Mario Bros. (original revision) for free.

Three more big factors in why you should go with the SD Cart over the USB Cart is that the SD Cart is compatible with Lord of the Dungeons save games, with MegaCart games like Mario Bros. and Pac-Man Collection (if a rom file is ever made available) and is upgradeable via upgrades that Steve might make available in the future that would support different rom PCB standards that could be developed.

You won't be disappointed!

EDIT: Looks like they are going for the same price now as well.

Yeah, i will go with the SD version.

Thanks for the info.

I believe what I have on hand at the moment are 64MB cards.

The limits on the card are:

Must be formatted FAT or FAT32 (This probably restricts it to 4GB or less)

Must be MMC, SD or SDHC compatible (Also 4GB or less, 8GB+ SDXC cards do not work)

You can use any Mini-SD or Micro SD type cards with the standard 'full size' SD card adapters those types of cards usually come with.

I've never tested one of those wireless wifi enabled storage cards designed for cameras, but they might work too.

Steve

Edited by classics

I dont want to have to keep changing games.

did you really say that??

back in my day we had one game per cartridge, and you had to take it out and put another in to play another game.

mumbling-garble kids these days and their mumbling-garble multicarts.

Edited by bomberpunk

I dont want to have to keep changing games.

did you really say that??

back in my day we had one game per cartridge, and you had to take it out and put another in to play another game.

mumbling-garble kids these days and their mumbling-garble multicarts.

icon_shades.gif

me, a kid?